Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsteve
    • Jan 2004

Slide shows (ULead)

I am putting together my wedding DVD. I have scans of loads of pictures which are all at 300 dpi and decent quality when viewed on my PC. I tried this two ways:
    1. Put the pics together and made an mpg movie using ULead DVD movie factory (got it free with my burner) using the movie editing tool
    2. Put the slide show together onto the DVD using the DVD authoring tool

The problem is the play back looks bad. On my PC not so bad, on the TV (progressive HD) bloody aweful. It looks like the software is doing some major compression and changing how these pics look (more bit mappy).

Any thoughts on how I can get around this and not lose the quality?

Thanks!
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

For DVD or VCD slideshows of pictures MEMORIES ON TV is an excellent software.Very easy to use .Just a few clicks and u r done.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• drsteve
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by paglamon
      For DVD or VCD slideshows of pictures MEMORIES ON TV is an excellent software.Very easy to use .Just a few clicks and u r done.
      The ULead software is dead easy as well...does Memories on TV compress pictures and cause loss of quality?

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

What do u mean by compression? If u r making a VCD or DVD out of pictures ,it means u r converting JPEG to MPEG.My DVD player supports JPEG and so I DO NOT make VCD or video-DVD out of them .Just make a data CD or dataDVD of the JPEG files and play it.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...