• rudy35
    • Jul 2006

Problems with "The Tyler Perry Collection" Playback

Ok ppl. Heres what I'm using...

RipIt4me*Main Program
    Decrypter
    shrink
    DVD Remake Pro

My problem is... Any of the madea dvds seem to have a problem with playback after using DVD Remake Pro. RipIt4me does great with ripping and fixVTS but when I go into dvd remake pro and hide menus and delete buttons..when I play it back with nero showtime the bonus features play scene index or when I click on "bonus features it jumps to the setup menu(EVEN THOUGH the setup menu has been hidden). Whats up with that??? It seems to me that the dvd structure is mixed up.

Can someone tell me a simple way to fix this??? thanks
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by rudy35
    Ok ppl. Heres what I'm using...

RipIt4me*Main Program
    Decrypter
    shrink
    DVD Remake Pro

My problem is... Any of the madea dvds seem to have a problem with playback after using DVD Remake Pro. RipIt4me does great with ripping and fixVTS but when I go into dvd remake pro and hide menus and delete buttons..when I play it back with nero showtime the bonus features play scene index or when I click on "bonus features it jumps to the setup menu(EVEN THOUGH the setup menu has been hidden). Whats up with that??? It seems to me that the dvd structure is mixed up.

Can someone tell me a simple way to fix this??? thanks
    Did you try playing the rip with a software player before you put it through DVDRP?

It could be because of DVDRP and not RI4M. I would test to see if the rip plays ok before modifying it.

Comment

• rudy35
      • Jul 2006

Yes, It plays perfectly before DVDRP. No Problems. Its just after modifing it.

BTW...All my software is at there current versions.

I have no problems with walt disney, Warner Bros., just these madea dvd's. Don't understand it!!

I recently found a alternative with reauthoring with shrink...but I'd like to have the original menus like the others I've done.
      Last edited by rudy35; 8 Jul 2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Those dvd's arent exactly made with the highest technology it is possible they may be badley authored to begin with.
        You may just have to play around with them for a while.

I havent tryed to do anything with DVDremake on my Madea dvd's yet I may now just to see whats happening.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• rudy35
          • Jul 2006

Thanks photo_angel for you opinion. Do you think maybe a OLDER made dvd may work better. A local video store has a copy of (diary(play) & fam reunion(play) )on one of the first older dvds made ..may work better???? Just a thought. Thanks for all the help!!!

I was always told..."Sometimes OLDER IS Better". HA!HA!

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Yes, It plays perfectly before DVDRP. No Problems. Its just after modifing it.

BTW...All my software is at there current versions.

I have no problems with walt disney, Warner Bros., just these madea dvd's. Don't understand it!!

I recently found a alternative with reauthoring with shrink...but I'd like to have the original menus like the others I've done.
            Ah OK, I thought you mighta been blaming RI4M because you posted about it in the RI4M topic.

You could try PgcEdit or VoBBlanker to blank out stuff and see what happens. I have DVD REmake Pro also but have not learned how to use it real well yet. I am still using Menu Shrink on the Menus and PgcEdit to blank out stuff to reduce compression and keep the Menus and Chapter selection. I do intend to use DVDRP more more when I have the time to tinker with it. I hear it great that's why I got it.

Maybe you can post about the problem in the DVDRP topic...dimad the author visits there. Or maybe this will now get moved there I dunno

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

This is an issue with the way you are using DVD Remake Pro.

I'll transfer the thread to Authoring & Editing forum.

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                Queen of Digital Video
                Queen of Digital Video
                • Jan 2004

Thanks photo_angel for you opinion. Do you think maybe a OLDER made dvd may work better. A local video store has a copy of (diary(play) & fam reunion(play) )on one of the first older dvds made ..may work better???? Just a thought. Thanks for all the help!!!

I was always told..."Sometimes OLDER IS Better". HA!HA!
                I think it has more to do with the way the dvd is authored to bigin with I am sure there are other people that may have done more with this dvd's then I have. I am interested now in trying mine with DVD remake pro now though.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

I dunno he said it played fine until he tinkered with it in DVDRP. I agree with blu, it was the way he used DVDRP or who knows possibly a bug in DVDRP. But the DVD played fine after the rip, before the attempting modding in DVDRP

Comment

Working...