Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heyjude85023
    • Dec 2005

editing mpeg or avi files

please excuse me in advance if this is covered somewhere all ready but none of my search keywords found what i am looking for.

i want to cut out commercials from shows i recorded with tivo and transferred to my pc with dvd xpress. i have successfully taken the show from my tv to dvd using all of my available software and even figured out how to trim the beginning and end of the video_ts output using dvdshrink. but there has to be free software out there that will let me edit the mpeg and avi files.

it doesn't have to do anything but let me cut out the parts of the video that i don't want to see.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Cuttermaran for mpg and Virtualdub for avi.Both freeware.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• heyjude85023
      • Dec 2005

thanks for the info. i will try to find the cutterman, but so far i have figured out that virtual dub and virtualdub-mpeg2 (which i had all along) were exactly what i was looking for. its funny how i found out. i was searching my favorite software download sites and guess what kept popping up? virtualdub, as "the greatest and most powerful freeware video editing tool available".

i always used virtualdub/vd-mpeg-2 to convert video for my mp3 player and never for anything else. talk about not being able to think outside the box...

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

Have also a look at VirtualDubMod. It can also read MPEG2.
        r0lZ
        PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
        Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...