• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Create Widescreen DVD Menus

Hi guys,

I put all my Camcorder video o fthe kids onto DVD using Vegas and DVD Architect and up until now I have had a 4:3 TV. I have now got a nice widescreen (16:9) tv and want to do the DVD's in widescreen but this is where it gets a bit fuzzy.

I created the menu template in Photoshop using the pixel aspect for widescreen and then dragged this into Vegas and added some text etc. Set the aspect ratio in vegas to widescreen and rendered to MPEG2. The problem I have is that when I drag the photoshop image as a still menu into DVD Architect it is different to the MPEG.

Does anyone have a guide that will help with this or shed some light on how I am supposed to do the. Am I better off switching to DVD Lab Pro (which I use for everything else). The problem is that DVD Architect imports my chapter markers from Vegas.

Thanks in advance.

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

If I remember correctly, DVD Rebuilder freeware version (097) had an option to change 4:3 full screen to 16:9 wide screen BEFORE you encode.

The source files MUST be DVD compliant in order to load into DVD Rebuilder.

Comment

Working...