X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invogue
    • Sep 2006

Weird Problem Videofile.... Any Fix?

Hi all from a newbie!

I have this really great mpeg1 video that I want to keep and write to DVD, I've had two different copies of the film and both have presented almost the same strange problem. The video file is around an hour long or just under, and just over 1GB in size. It plays fine (and complete) with WMP and other viewers. The problem is when I try to either burn to a dvd (using NeroVision or Roxio) - OR if I try to re-encode the blasted thing, only 17 MINUTES of the file are recognized!! Encoders will just freeze at this point, and while writing to dvd works, only 17 minutes goes onto disc!
    I tried fixing the header information using MPEG Corrector, but the resulting file behaves in exactly the same way!!

Can anyone offer any suggestions please??
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

start with running the file through projectX; go file-->add, select your mpg file, hit prepare, select demux, hit play. you'll end up with elementary streams

you may have to mux the streams again with something like tmpgenc's mpeg tools, depending on what you're encoding with, but you should get the whole hour onto DVD this time
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...