Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kfitz69
    • May 2002

Decoding DTS

I just rented Behind Enemy Lines and the audio has DTS encoding. DVD2AVI will not decode this. If anyone knows how to decode DTS please let me know.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Is it that you WANT to use the DTS audiostream, or that you just don't know that there's an alternate Dolby 5.1 audiostream on the DVD?

Comment

• kfitz69
      • May 2002

DVD2AVI will not decode any audio from this DVD. It says it is DTS. I have never had a problem before using DVD2AVI. I've changed the settings and have done everything I can think of but I still only get a .d2v file and no audio file.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I have ripped and converted the NTSC version of this DVD - and it has a Dolby 5.1 audiostream as well as a DTS stream.

Since I don't use DVD2AVI, I can't tell you how to select this alternate stream with that software.

I can tell you that if you use DVD Decrypter or Clad to rip the DVD, set either of them to "Rip FullDVD" (Clad) or "Select all files" (DVD Decrypter).

You can then use Flask to "Load DVD" - and at that point you'll be able to select the audiostream that you prefer.

Otherwise, perhaps another poster who's familiar with DVD2AVI will post here and tell you how to accomplish this with DVD2AVI...

Comment

• Sassee1
          • May 2002

I had the same problem, at first i used smartripper to rip Behind Enemy Lines and it would save them as VOB_DTS files, DVD2AVI could not read the ac3.So i used CladDVD to rip the DVD,but i had to make some changes with CladDVD before i could rip it so DVD2AVI would read the ac3. Open CladDVD click on options>from Audio Streams change "Leave all DVD Audio Streams intact" to English (AC3 6 ch, 0xBD 0x81 ) then check mark Frame Serve> from Channel Format select Dolby Digital, click ok,click save settings, that's it.After you are done ripping the DVD use DVD2AVI the ac3 should show up.

Comment

Working...