Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Change
    • May 2006

Multiple avi's on one DVD?

Hello, all. I searched, and couldn't find a topic related to this.

I'm trying to put multiple avi's on one DVD disc. I have a TiVo, and I've been saving my favorite TV shows on my PC, to make my own season DVD's. So I have 3 avi's of Boston Legal on my PC, and I want to burn them all to one DVD. I plan to put 3 or 4 episodes on each DVD, and make my own disc set instead of paying for it.

How do I go about doing this? For some reason, Sony Vegas won't recognize the .avi files. However, Divx to DVD will...

I figured I could author a project in Vegas to contain 3 or 4 episodes, but that's not working.

Is there a better way to go about this?

My current software is:
    Sony Vegas 6.0
    DVD Architect 3.0
    I also have DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink, and Divx to DVD.

There's probably a way to do this by playing with the VOB files or something, but I figured I'd ask the pros before I hurt myself trying something.

Thanks!
  • Bay_wolf
    Tribal Wolf
    • Feb 2006

Try Diko for that it can add as many AVI files as needed. Search the digital-digest site for it or the Video Help site.

bay_wolf

Comment

• Scotty.B
      • Oct 2006

possible solutions

There are a few ways that you can go about putting your episodes on dvd. some are freeware and some are pay programs.

free solution : Use Tmpgenc to encode your .avi to mpg then use Cucusoft dvd author to encode your mpg's to DVD.

hope this can help.

Scotty.

Comment

• Change
        • May 2006

Originally Posted by Bay_wolf
        Try Diko for that it can add as many AVI files as needed. Search the digital-digest site for it or the Video Help site.

bay_wolf
        Ok, I was able to find Diko on digital digest, I've downloaded and installed. If I need more help, I'll come back. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

• Change
          • May 2006

Ok, Diko converted all the AVI files (4 of them) and then spit out multiple mpv and mpa files. Over 8 gigs worth...

I told Diko to create an iso instead of burning the DVD, and the iso image is only 832Kb...?

What gives? How am I supposed to burn all of these files to one disc?

Comment

• r0lZ
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Mar 2004

First, you need to multiplex the mpv and mpa files with Muxman to create DVD-Video files (VOB, IFO and BUP). Then, try the DVD with a software player, and burn it with Imgburn (v2.0 or greater.)
            r0lZ
            PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
            Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Change
              • May 2006

Originally Posted by r0lZ
              First, you need to multiplex the mpv and mpa files with Muxman to create DVD-Video files (VOB, IFO and BUP). Then, try the DVD with a software player, and burn it with Imgburn (v2.0 or greater.)
              Muxman tells me it can't process the files from Diko due to excessive bitrate.

Any other ideas?

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

can you use dvix to convert them to MPG files?

you can convert them to MPG files then use nero vision join them to make a dvd9 then use shrink to shrink it or dvd rebuilder ( if it has good quality)
                sigpic

Comment

• r0lZ
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Mar 2004

If Muxman tells you that the bitrate is too high, then your files are NOT suitable for a DVD-Video! You have to re-encode them with a good encoder, and use the option to generate DVD-Video compatible files.

Don't use DivX to compress your files! You will loose much quality, and DivX has absolutely nothing to do with DVD-Videos. You will have to re-encode anyway, so it's an unnecessary long and destructive operation.
                  r0lZ
                  PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                  Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Change
                    • May 2006

I figured out what the problem with Diko was.

Some reason the "burn image file" box was ticked under the options. I unchecked it, and it created the VOB files for me. I used DVD Shrink to encode the VOB files to an iso image and burned multiple episodes to a single disc. I can fit 5 episodes on one disc, works very well.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...