Clear All
  • rock_king_my
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2006

Hi R0LZ

Yeah , that TIP:
    WARNING: If there are references to the PGC elsewhere in the DVD,
    the playback may hang when the player will try to play the PGC!
    (Use the Info -> Go to Calling Command or Calls Cross References
    to see if there are references to this PGC)

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

OK, so, go on and try to delete your PGC. As it is never called, everything should be OK.
      Anyway, do an incremental backup first, just in case...
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• rock_king_my
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2006

THE OMEN - Deleted the PGC, Went Through FixVTS ...

Hi

I've deleted the PGC, got FixVTS (the plugin in PGCEDIT) to clean it up and .... still no change.

The English subtitle link/button in the Languages menu still doesn't switch on the subtitle. Can only be done manually by a right-click on POWERDVD.

Anything else to check on the DVD?

Comment

• r0lZ
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Mar 2004

What do you expect? Deleting a PGC is not related to the display of the subpics in another PGC.
          r0lZ

Comment

• rock_king_my
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jul 2006

Hi.

So how do I fix THAT button in the Languages Menu to switch on the subtitles properly?

Comment

• spyhawk
              • Mar 2004

Can you double check with the original DVD that the English subtitle has stream id 0x20 and 0x21 and that there are really English subtitles present in your custom DVD?

Have you removed the Spanish and Portuguese LU menus yet just to take it out of the equation? Test again. If Eng sub is still not on after you select it, let's narrow down whether it's your player PowerDVD 5.0 is the problem. First, try other software players please: Media Player Classic, VLC, Showtime, WinDVD, even IfoEdit, whatever you have. You can also burn a test DVD that I mentioned previously and test on the SONY. Testing on the SONY is the real test.

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with the button command if you have removed the non-English LU menus and deleted lines 1-42 in the movie PGC. If all these tests (software and settop) still don't work, then we can do some minor adjustment of commands to see if the player likes it.
              Last edited by spyhawk; 13 Nov 2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• rock_king_my
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Jul 2006

THE OMEN - Tested on WMP & Nero Showtime 2

Hi

Tested on Window Media Player 10 (not the classic one) & Showtime 2 and ... it works!

So I guess I gotta get meself a new POWERDVD then.

I gotta to do more cutting/editing/shrinking to the DVD then it's burn time!

Will let you know if my set-top/stand-alone SONY DVD PLAYER takes this massacred DVD of mine!

THANKS SPYHAWK & the rest of the advisors.

Comment

• blutach
                  Not a god of digital video
                  • Oct 2004

PowerDVD (at least v6) was the worst thing for subtitles known to man. So buggy.

v5 was OK and they more or less fixed it in v7. But it's a pain when you can't get them to display correctly. Even forced start subbies on menus sometimes don't display on PDVD.

Trust MPC or Showtime (which seems to emulate standalones better than anything).

Regards
                  Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                  [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• rock_king_my
                    Platinum Member
                    Platinum Member
                    • Jul 2006

THE OMEN - Bonus Features Blanking & Clean Up

Hi

I did a SHRINK on the OMEN DVD with these settings & it played fine on my SONY DVD PLAYER:
                    -Movie 55.8 %
                    -Bonus (all intact) 100% (uncompressed)
                    -Menus (all intact) 100% (uncompressed)

Now I want to do another one (The Omen again) with but with a few bonuses blanked. This one will have the movie have uncompressed at 100%.

In the "Special Features" Menu includes "Extended Scenes & Alternate Ending". When you go there, it lead to the "Extended Scenes & Alternate Ending" menu where you see 2 Extended Scenes (1 link each), an Alternate Ending (1 link), Play All link (1 link) & a Back [to "Special features"] link.

I want to blank the 2 Extended Scenes (which I've already done). I have also modified the "Special Features" Menu to include "Alternate Ending" only (as there are no more Extended Scenes"). So when I click on the "Alternate Ending" link, it will play the Alternate Ending & goes back to "Special Features" menu when it ends.

At the moment, I haven't deleted the "Extended Scenes & Alternate Ending menu" yet. When I click the link to "Alternate Ending", it plays the "Alternate Ending" as I expect but when this finishes, it takes me to the "Extended Scenes & Alternate Ending menu". I don't want this .. I want after the Ending finishes to lead to the "Special Features" menu.

I've enclosed the IFOs & Menu Button Commands to show where I am as the moment.

Please advise.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• spyhawk
                      • Mar 2004

In the Special Features menu PGC, pre-commands, change line 33 to "LinkCN Cell 1, button 4" and line 35 to "LinkCN Cell 1, button 7".

Comment

• rock_king_my
                        Platinum Member
                        Platinum Member
                        • Jul 2006

Yeah ... that worked..

CHEERS!

Comment

• rock_king_my
                          Platinum Member
                          Platinum Member
                          • Jul 2006

Hi

When I said "that worked" (the "Special Features" menu), that was in POWERDVD 5.0.

I tried to test it in SHOWTIME2, I got this message:
                          "Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD-Video, SVCD or VCD structure."

Windows Media Player was ok with it .. I think!

I tried burning it onto a DVD+R (big mistake .. should've used DVD+RW!) to test on the SONY DVD PLAYER. When I go to "Special Features" menu, none of the buttons (i.e. no icons) were high on that menu. However, I tried going back and forth with the "Top Menu" & "Menu" buttons (Special Features > Main Menu & vice versa) and it worked some of the time.

I've put it through FixVTS & VOBBLANKER still the same problem.

As usual, I've enlosed the IFOs & Menu Button Commands.

Experts, please advise.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by rock_king_my
                            ... and it worked some of the time.
                            It's probably not related to the IFOs or VM commands, then. I have a cheap player which exhibits this kind of problems also, and you might have noticed a similar problem with the preview of IfoEdit. I doubt it's a problem in the DVD. Try it with a descent standalone player.

BTW, Showtime doesn't like to play DVD-Video files when there are illegal files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Try to remove the backup folders first. (You might also want to tick the PgcEdit option Input/Output -> Store PgcEdit_Backup folder in parent of VIDEO_TS folder.)
                            r0lZ

Comment

• rock_king_my
                              Platinum Member
                              Platinum Member
                              • Jul 2006

Hi r0lZ.

That Sony DVD Player is the only one I got .. that & my DVD software.

It's a bit of a pain .. clicking menu button on remote .. back and forth, eh?

I already removed the PGCEDIT back-up folder.

Comment

• rock_king_my
                                Platinum Member
                                Platinum Member
                                • Jul 2006

Another DVD I need help with ...

Hi.

Another DVD.

This one originally had these tracks:
                                - English 4.0
                                - English 2.0
                                - French 2.0
                                - Commentary 1
                                - Commentary 2

I dvd a DVDSHRINK (DVD9 to DVD5) of the disc but I removed the French track.

As you would expect, I want the commentary tracks would SHIFT-UP to Tracks 3 & 4 respectively. Remapping audio tracks .. I suck at that thus me here asking for help again.

I've enclosed the IFOs.

Here's the menu buttons commands
                                DVD-TEXT General Name: ""
                                Provider ID: ""
                                Number of VTS: 9

VMG (VIDEO_TS.VOB)
                                ------------------
                                VMGM, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=5)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 3, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=10)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 4, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=15)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 5, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=20)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 6, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=25)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 7, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=30)
                                No buttons.

VMGM, VOB ID 8, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=35)
                                No buttons.

VTS 1 (VTS_01_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 1, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTS 2 (VTS_02_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 2, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 2, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=5)
                                No buttons.

VTS 4 (VTS_04_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 4, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=70)
                                2 Groups Select but=0, Action but=0
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 20
                                button 2: LinkPGCN PGC 12
                                button 3: LinkPGCN PGC 14
                                button 4: LinkPGCN PGC 23

VTSM 4, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=8251)
                                button 1: (SetSTN) Set Audio stream = 0 ; LinkPGCN PGC 4
                                button 2: (SetSTN) Set Audio stream = 1 ; LinkPGCN PGC 4
                                button 3: (SetSTN) Set Audio stream = 2 ; LinkPGCN PGC 4
                                button 4: (SetSTN) Set Sub-picture stream = 0, on ; LinkPGCN PGC 21
                                button 5: (SetSTN) Set Sub-picture stream = 1, on ; LinkPGCN PGC 21
                                button 6: Set gprm(2) =(mov) 4 ; LinkPGCN PGC 21
                                button 7: LinkPGCN PGC 22
                                button 8: LinkPGCN PGC 1

VTSM 4, VOB ID 3, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=8422)
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 26
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 2
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 3
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 4
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5
                                button 6: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7
                                button 7: LinkPGCN PGC 1
                                button 8: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8
                                button 9: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9
                                button 10: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10
                                button 11: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 4, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=13719)
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 20
                                button 2: LinkPGCN PGC 12
                                button 3: LinkPGCN PGC 14
                                button 4: LinkPGCN PGC 23

VTSM 4, VOB ID 5, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=20501)
                                button 1: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 5
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 6
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 7
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 8
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7
                                button 6: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5
                                button 8: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 6, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=24191)
                                button 1: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 9
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 10
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 11
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 12
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8
                                button 7: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 7 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 7, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=27884)
                                button 1: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 13
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 14
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 15
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 16
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9
                                button 9: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 8 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 8, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=31691)
                                button 1: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 17
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 18
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 19
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 20
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10
                                button 10: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 9, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=35437)
                                button 1: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 21
                                button 2: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 22
                                button 3: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 23
                                button 4: (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 24
                                button 5: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 11
                                button 10: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 9
                                button 11: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 105 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10
                                button 12: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 101 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5 *** Autoaction
                                button 13: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 103 ; LinkPGCN PGC 5 *** Autoaction
                                button 14: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 102 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10 *** Autoaction
                                button 15: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 104 ; LinkPGCN PGC 10 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 10, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=38968)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 4, VOB ID 11, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=40726)
                                button 1: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 1 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 2: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 2 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 3: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 30 ; LinkPGCN PGC 25
                                button 4: LinkPGCN PGC 15
                                button 5: LinkPGCN PGC 16
                                button 6: LinkPGCN PGC 17
                                button 8: LinkPGCN PGC 19

VTSM 4, VOB ID 12, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=50447)
                                button 1: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 1 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 2: Set gprm(1) =(mov) 2 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 3: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 30 ; LinkPGCN PGC 25
                                button 4: LinkPGCN PGC 15
                                button 5: LinkPGCN PGC 16
                                button 6: LinkPGCN PGC 17
                                button 8: LinkPGCN PGC 19

VTSM 4, VOB ID 13, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=59200)
                                button 1: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 41 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 2: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 42 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 3: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 43 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 4: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 44 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 5: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 45 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 6: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 46 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 7: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 47 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 8: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 48 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 9: LinkPGCN PGC 13
                                button 10: LinkPGCN PGC 1

VTSM 4, VOB ID 14, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=59297)
                                button 1: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 31 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 2: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 32 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 3: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 33 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 4: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 34 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 5: Set gprm(6) =(mov) 35 ; LinkTailPGC
                                button 6: LinkPGCN PGC 13

VTSM 4, VOB ID 15, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=59396)
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 18
                                button 2: LinkPGCN PGC 13
                                button 3: LinkPGCN PGC 1

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=59492)
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 17
                                button 2: LinkNextPG, button 1 (1024) *** Autoaction
                                button 3: LinkPGCN PGC 17 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 2 (First NAV pack LBA=59586)
                                button 3: LinkPrevPG, button 1 (1024) *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 3 (First NAV pack LBA=59676)

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 4 (First NAV pack LBA=59766)

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 5 (First NAV pack LBA=59856)

VTSM 4, VOB ID 16, Cell ID 6 (First NAV pack LBA=59949)
                                button 2: LinkPGCN PGC 13 *** Autoaction

VTSM 4, VOB ID 17, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=60044)
                                button 1: LinkPGCN PGC 13

VTSM 4, VOB ID 18, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=60142)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 4, VOB ID 19, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=61796)
                                No buttons.

VTS 5 (VTS_05_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 5, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 5, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=113)
                                No buttons.

VTS 6 (VTS_06_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 6, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTS 7 (VTS_07_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 7, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 7, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=113)
                                No buttons.

VTS 8 (VTS_08_0.VOB)
                                --------------------
                                VTSM 8, VOB ID 1, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=0)
                                No buttons.

VTSM 8, VOB ID 2, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=114)
                                No buttons.

CHEERS!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...