Vegas and DVD authoring problem ("operation is not supported by this drive")

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodentopz
    • Nov 2006

Vegas and DVD authoring problem ("operation is not supported by this drive")

hi there folks...

wondering if anybody can give me a pointer here. Im trying to burn a 5.1 audio mix onto DVD from inside Sonic Foundry Vegas (which should allow you to do this). But i keep getting an error of this type:
    'SFMMCX'-(17)
    'USB/1394 Devices'-(3)
    -'LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BS0C'-(0)
    Module mmc.cpp Line 861
    The operation is not supported by this drive.

Command:
    Sense: 00 00 00
    Info: 00 00 00 00
    Specific: 00 00 00
    Extra:
    I wonder does anybody know what this 'operation' is that is unsupported. I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S as you see, but i have updated the FW from BSOC to BSOY (although Vegas doesnt seem to know that!)

Im wondering if Vegas is really trying to do something that my drive can't, or whether there is some patch i need.

Much obliged for any tips and pointers.

thanks in advance
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Download and run DVDInfo Pro to see if your PC is seeing your new firmware as well...could be that you need to reflash your drive.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• woodentopz
      • Nov 2006

ok...so ive done that. but my problem is i dont know what the property that the error is referring to? so im not sure if DVDinfopro is telling me anything about it...

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Use DVDInfo Pro to see if the what firmware version your drive is using...it won't tell you anything about your error.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• woodentopz
          • Nov 2006

ok, so DVDproinfo says that i have the uptodate FW. but im still at a loss to know what the error mean....any ideas anyone?
          'SFMMCX'-(17)
          'USB/1394 Devices'-(3)
          -'LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S CS0T'-(0)
          Module mmc.cpp Line 861
          The operation is not supported by this drive.

Command:
          Sense: 00 00 00
          Info: 00 00 00 00
          Specific: 00 00 00
          Extra:

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

So now you've crossflashed your drive to a 1653S? Using firmware from codeguys....

My only suggestion to you at this point is to either try a different brand of media or a different program....actually, if I'm reading your original question correctly you are trying to make a DVD-A (DVD-Audio). AFAIK, this in unreproducable as what you can buy in the store. You may be forced to put your compilation onto a CD. You can put a slew of MP3, WAV or whatever audio source onto a DVD, but you won't have the same 5.1 audio that you are looking for.

Here is a little link explaining DVD-A:

A quick google search could also give you some more answers.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• woodentopz
              • Nov 2006

well...my idea was to burn a "normal" dvd, but with no real picture (just a still that is a sort of placehoder on the video track). that way, im thinking, i would have 5.1 sound for my project, and just ignore the video element. That is to say, all id need is a dvd player with an optical audio out to some sort of surround setup.

In which case (in my idea of things) there would be no need for a tv monitor, just speakers for the audio.

does that make any sense?

Comment

• goonix
                • Oct 2006

Hi woodentopz!

I have made several "Audío-DVDs" with a MuxMan script. See following link:

My last project was also with 5.1 sound.
                I have made pictures as "track display", so I can see artist and music title on my TV.
                But if you don't need it, you can use a simple black picture of course.
                And there is no need for a TV monitor at all, because the "Audio-DVD" starts immediately.

Operating is via the cursor buttons of the remote.

Give it a try!

goonix

Comment

Working...