• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Widescreen dvd will playback Full Screen after using DVDShrink

Hi Folks,

I was not sure if this would go under "Authoring" or some other thread ... so, you'll have to excuse me and move it if need be ...

I have a problem. With 2 of my recent movies that I bought … “Disaster Zone: Volcano in New York” and “Absolute Zero”. These movies both are Widescreen.

I wanted to archive them on my hard drive without all the ads and crap. So, when I used DVDShrink to only back up the movie by itself … worked just fine EXCEPT I noticed when I played back a short clip for checking it the darn movie now plays back in Full Screen and it is elongated. Basically has been stretched up and narrowed.

I remembered that I had this problem with some other ones long time ago and the way that I got around this problem was to keep my MENU … once I kept the original Menu … the movie WILL play back in it’s original Widescreen format. I cleaned the junk using the usual programs … PGCEdit, VobBlanker & MenuShrink.

Q1: Does anyone know why with “these movies” using DVDShrink screws up the play back from widescreen to funny full screen?

Q2: Is there a way to keep widescreen playback without the menus?

Q3: How do I then use "AutoGK" or similar programs to convert something like this (with menu & all) to an AVI?

Thanks,
    G!
    Last edited by gonwk; 26 Nov 2006, 05:05 AM.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello,

Shrink cant change the format from widescreen to standard.

When you backed up the movie only is there more then one main movie to chose from?

Does the disc have both WS and Standard on it?

if yes you may have backed up the standard version and not the WS version.

If No then what are you playing the movies on? PC or stand alone player?

You may want to check your player settings.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...