• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos Menem
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2002

Why do I need a YAMAHA DSP-A1 RECEIVER 7 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER DOLBY

I wanted to buy something good to record audio I decided to buy an Audigy2 ZS but I also went and look at ebay for other products and found some yamaha that goes up to 350$ and I wonder wtf does it have to be that special?
    me gusta la coca cola con ron
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello,
    I guess I am confused at this question the Audigy2 ZS is a sound card for your computer the YAMAHA DSP-A1 RECEIVER 7 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER DOLBY

Is a receiver for your intertaiment center not computer.

You asked the question why do you need this?

Well if you want to play with 7.1 suround sound then you will need something that will do 7.1 as for why do you need that the quality of your receiver will greatly reflect on the sound quality that you here while watching a movie or listening to music.

$350.0 is cheap for a good reciever, how good that one is I really dont know.

The reciever I bought was over 2 grand. You would have to compair them as to what you want to run from it and what your looking for.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Carlos Menem
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Feb 2002

Are you a musician? what are your uses?
      me gusta la coca cola con ron

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by Carlos Menem
        Are you a musician? what are your uses?
        Am I a musician?
        Well I guess you could say I used to be one. I played in concert orchestra for 13 years, 3 years Cello and 10 years Viola (second chair). I never recorded anything on my own though. ( I haven’t touched a musical instrument in over 10 years)
        As for what you would need to record your own music that I would have no idea but I am thinking that a $40.00 sound blaster probably won’t cut it. If that is what you are looking for you may want to re-fraise your question for more help as to what you would need for recording your own music.

Comment

• 2COOL
          Kamen Moderator V3
          • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
          I played in concert orchestra for 13 years, 3 years Cello and 10 years Viola (second chair).
          OT but just had to ponder on how you went from point A (orchestra) to Point B (DVD backups).
          2CL C Henshin!
          If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by 2COOL
            OT but just had to ponder on how you went from point A (orchestra) to Point B (DVD backups).
            Not sure what you mean by that but point A (orchestra was in the past) and point B (DVD backups in the present)

Life changes as we get older.
            And well the question was asked if I was a Musician. And well I used to be.

EDIT:

better answer = a few grand for a Viola or a few grand for a computer = priorities = computer
            Last edited by photo_angel2004; 7 Dec 2006, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• 2COOL
              Kamen Moderator V3
              • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
              better answer = a few grand for a Viola or a few grand for a computer = priorities = computer
              2CL C Henshin!
              If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

Working...