Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vipertongn
    • Jan 2007

Menu Making

Hey does anyone know how to make a menu that looks nice? Almost like the menu that nero makes but better. Having a subs place and choosing audios buttons. Sort of making it just like those professional dvd's. A start button, Chapter menu, in the chapter menu buttons that have the first picture of the video. It's just that the avi2dvd that i use to make ogm to dvd (thanks to mod anonymez THANK YOU!!!) to solve my ogm business, but now the menu looks kinky....
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

I like DVD-Lab Pro to do the menus, but don't expect a one-click simple procedure like with nero. Anyway, if you want something that looks really nice, you have to do it manually.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• vipertongn
      • Jan 2007

there a tutorial on how to use it, and can it do the job without having to wait hours, because im looking for a program that does the menu by itself without having to convert the whole medias...that i can do with another program

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

DVD-Lab can accept your VOB flles as input, so you don't need to re-encode them. But you will have to redo the authoring yourself, either directly in DVD-Lab, or by importing your new menu in the original DVD and fixing the navigation manually with PgcEdit.
        Anyway, as I said, it's rather complex in both cases.
        r0lZ

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by r0lZ
          I like DVD-Lab Pro to do the menus, but don't expect a one-click simple procedure like with nero. Anyway, if you want something that looks really nice, you have to do it manually.
          I second that, you can get started on it within a few days.

Comment

• vipertongn
            • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by r0lZ
            DVD-Lab can accept your VOB flles as input, so you don't need to re-encode them. But you will have to redo the authoring yourself, either directly in DVD-Lab, or by importing your new menu in the original DVD and fixing the navigation manually with PgcEdit.
            Anyway, as I said, it's rather complex in both cases.
            That sounds great, i will try it out but it would be nice if I had a step by step tutorial on how to do it, because I never did things manually since I am dependent on Nero....

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

DVD-Lab comes with a very good documentation, and is the most intuitive authoring program I've ever seen. I'm sure menu creation is covered in the doc, and there are probably some guides around, but I don't know them. Sorry.

Using the "import menu with PgcEdit" method has the advantage that you don't need at all to reauthor the original VOBs, but the price to pay is that you have to fix the navigation manually in PgcEdit. Anyway, start by studying how to make a menu with Lab...
              r0lZ

Comment

• vipertongn
                • Jan 2007

ok, but if anyone can find a guide tell me...arg...now i need to find a new program besides avi2dvd to make my vob files. anyone know of a program that can do that and input multiple ogms into one dvd?
                Last edited by vipertongn; 3 Feb 2007, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...