Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Windows Movie Maker Project

Ok I claimed i was becoming a digital expert. so this other guy brings a windows movie maker project to me that he claims has a movie inside for his brothers wedding,

i click the file to view propoerties and i see no familiar name like mpeg or mpegll whatsoever......all i see on file type is windows movie maker project....i play it on my work pc and see no pictures and he says on his laptop the movie can play

my question is, does anybody know how i can open the file in the project and convert to something usable?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

it doesn't work because it's just the project file-- all it contains is the settings/edits that have been made. what you need is the actual video
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

I see anony with ubuntu.......so if its a project file..is it possible to complete it to a video?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

yes, get the video file from him
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
          • May 2006

I got the file its a WMA video file, two files. I'll join them and encode with super.......then I will use Tmpenc to make the dvd...

Is there anything else that works almost similar to Tmpenc...I just checked the price now Tmpenc is $100 thats the money I dont have right now

My free version is out of the 30 day period

Is there anything similar that I can get?

Comment

• r0lZ
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Mar 2004

EclPro, HC Encoder and QuEnc are free MPEG2 encoders. I don't use them, so do not ask me which one is the best.
            r0lZ
            PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
            Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Phillip
              • May 2006

lol i like the menu feature on Tmpenc do those have it by chance?

Comment

• r0lZ
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Mar 2004

No, they are just simple MPEG2 encoders, without authoring capabilities. But there are lots of cheap or free programs to author simple DVDs with menus. Try DVDAuthorGUI, for example.
                r0lZ
                PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Art Vandelay
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Feb 2006

NOTE: This is the process I use to take a movie capture from satellite and the .mpeg file created. You could adapt it to this application.

If possible I would take the .WMV and convert to .mpeg or start the process with a .mpeg rather than a .wmv (very compressed and variable) I don't like them since when I author DVD files from them I would get audio synch problems even with lost of RAM and defraged HDD using Sonic Software.

You could use PojectX (Free) to demux the .mpeg and make the .m2v (video)file and the .m2p (audio) file. Then take DVDAuthorGUI (Free) and you can add chapters and menues (I never made a menu with it just chapters) to take the 2 files above and author the files ie VIDEO_TS.IFO and the AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS. Then use DVD Shrink to open the .IFO and author/compress. I use DVD-RB (free) since I can use HCenc (free) and use filters if needed. Then ImgBurn for the ISO to DVD. It is a bit of work.

Comment

Working...