Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVation
    • May 2002

Merge video

i had a dvd rip thats was two 700mb divx files. i ran them through TMPGenc to make them DVD MPEG-2 compliant...now my question is, how do i merge these two mpeg files to make it one large mpeg?
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

use tmpgenc "merge/cut" under file /mpeg tools/ merge n cut select both files and click start
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• DVation
      • May 2002

that ended up leaving the second half of the merged mpeg with audio out of snyc...grr

Comment

• cheftaz
        • Apr 2002

was the second half in synch before the merge and does the audio synch begin at the merge point

It is usually better to do all editing before you convert
        Use virtualdub to merge the 2 divx files
        open first clip, then select append video segment, under audio & video select "direct stream copy" last hit file- save avi. then convert the new avi with tmpgenc and hopefully will all be perfect
        Last edited by cheftaz; 23 May 2002, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• DVation
          • May 2002

yes, it was in perfect sync before the merge, both files, after the merge, the first half of the movie was still in perfect sync while the second half of the movie after the merge was out of snyc

Comment

• cheftaz
            • Apr 2002

Don't know what would cause that but check out my edited previous post

Comment

• DVation
              • May 2002

i tried appending the divx first in virtualdub actually, but the audio bitrates were different so it couldnt do it...lol...any other suggestions?

Comment

• cheftaz
                • Apr 2002

All I can suggest now is try going to www.vcdhelp.com. I don't burn dvds only svcds so I can't really help you out too much. There are some great how tos on that site and a lot of help from other users. Hope you can get the help you need

Comment

• DVation
                  • May 2002

k thx for tryin

Comment

Working...