X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crispa_99
    • Jun 2005

Burning 2 DVDs in 1 disc!

Hi!
    I need a program that allows me to burn the content of 2 or more dvds in just one disc - size isn't a problem. Is this possible? Do you know any program that allows you to do this?
    Help pls...
  • shrink0
    • Jan 2006

Try DVDShrink in re-author mode, but you'll lose the menus....
    If you want a commercial prog. try DVDREmake Pro.....
    Last edited by shrink0; 23 Mar 2007, 02:23 AM.
    sigpic
    Google is your friend

Comment

• crispa_99
      • Jun 2005

Shrink doesn't do what I want to do, because it only opens one disc at a time. I have two folders on my Desktop each containing an episode of 24. Each episode is about 1,5GB size and I want to join 2 episodes and burn them on the same disc... Is it possible?

Cris

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

in reauthor mode dvdshrink will open sets of dvd compliant files and join

Comment

• shrink0
          • Jan 2006

Thanx chewy!
          here you go crispa...
          sigpic
          Google is your friend

Comment

• davidralte
            • Mar 2007

Is there anyway I can put videos of two or more dvds into one dvd without losing the subtitle.
            davidralte

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

DVD Shrink in re-author mode. You can select the audio and subtitle tracks you want to keep.
              r0lZ
              PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
              Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

david - please do not cross post.

See rule 11.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• davidralte
                  • Mar 2007

SORRY for the cross posting.
                  r0lZ, thanks for the advice. i can do it but as shrink0 says, i gotta lose the menus. i've made a separate dvd for each dvds i intended to merge, i got the subtitles etc for each dvd, and i put them together using TMPGEnc, i got the menus and again i lost the subtitles etc. Is there anyway i can retain the subtitles etc by using TMPGEnc? Using another software like DVDRebuilder, Im Too DVD Creator, nero etc re-encode / transcode them again, which took forever.

Comment

• shrink0
                    • Jan 2006

Hey David, as before you can try DVDRemake pro or this, http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm
                    it comes with a 30 day free trial...good luck!!!
                    sigpic
                    Google is your friend

Comment

• davidralte
                      • Mar 2007

Thanxs shrink0 i'll try using DVDFab. but my project was to do it with only freeware tools!! anyway, i got my problem solved and i got the idea from Omarios at videohelp.com, and i dont know whether i can post this re-authored version of the same to suit my project in this forum, just in case if anybody crazed it like i did, here it goes.....

SCENERIO: You have two or more DVDs Movies in two or more DVD Discs, you want to join/collect those DVD Movies of your choice in one DVD-5 disks without losing the extras e.g subtitle etc.

Step 1. Create a new folder and name it 'Project DVD'. Create another two or more folder and name them.

Step 2. Using DVDShrink in Re-Author mode, shrink / back up the movie you want in the respective folder, choosing subtitle-audio-language you want. You can even choose one or more movie from the same DVD at the same time. Repeat the same for the next DVD disc's movie and shrink/save them in different folder in Project DVD folder. You can even decrypt all of them in your hard disk first if you want to. Use DVDFab Decrypter, it is better than DVD Decrypter to me.

Step 3. Create a small DVD movie(only one frame not be more than 2MB) by using any DVD Authoring tool, create menus (e.g. if you want 04 movies to merge, then make four menus and name them appropriately. You can repeat using the same movie for all those menus) which will direct the Movies you want to collect /merge, even you can write the Movie name and import screen captured picture. Output/Save the DVD movie you created with menu in the Project folder and name it 'The Good One'.

Step 4. Open the 'menu' DVD in PGCEdit (video_ts), you may get the 'Find BOVs file' window ignore it and click 'Close' and you will see DVD in PGCEdit.

Step 5. Right Click on the first movie (VTST1,1) and click on 'Import Title's closing Clip'.

Step 6. A new window pop up, and choose 'Don't pause: it's an animated clip' and 'Return to the Root Menu of the original title' or 'Restart DVD from the beginning' and click 'continue'

Step 7. Now locate your movie 1 and select the video***.ifo that corresponds to your first episode/movie. click OK and click 'Copy VOB' or 'Move VOB'. You may get a warning, just ignore it and click OK.

Step 8. Repeat step 5 to 7 for all the movie you want to merge/collect.

Step 9. Once you are done with all the movies you save the whole thing- go to File>Save DVD and Click OK on DVD Saved.

Step 10 And there you have it. A DVD with a custom made menu to select your collection. Just check out the folder 'The Good One' and you'll see one new folder 'Pgcedit_backup' you can delete that and WRITE THE DVD using any DVD Writing software, enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

link for original version of the guide-

Comment

• Too-Cool
                        • Feb 2004

Don't quite have that problem but would like to know how to make a copy of a dvd that has 4 movies on it and back up so that I only have one move per disk with menus? Thanks Too-cool

Comment

• shrink0
                          • Jan 2006

Well you could try the easy but not free way with DVDREMakepro, or DVDFABPlatinum. Or try the not so easy way here

or read Davidralte post above........good luck!!!
                          sigpic
                          Google is your friend

Comment

• davidralte
                            • Mar 2007

well well well, dear TOO-COOL, you can use DVDShrink3.2 in full disc mode and put a still picture for the remaining three movies. If you think it'd look 'unprofessional' with all those menus for the still picture, well, you gotta dig in my above post skipping step 8. Or you gotta bite the the easy way by shredding out some few bucks for the above 'pay-wares' listed by shrink0 above.

Comment

• r0lZ
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Mar 2004

Hum, Shrink is not very efficient in still picture mode (as the picture is repeated every 1/2 second.) It is better, IMO, to blank out completely the unnecessary material with VobBlanker.
                              r0lZ
                              PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                              Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...