Bad timecode after TIVTC'ing hybrid movie Babylon 5 NTSC ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plastipups
    • Apr 2007

Bad timecode after TIVTC'ing hybrid movie Babylon 5 NTSC ?

Hello everybody!

I am trying to perform inverse telecining onto (my pretty much own and legal) Babylon 5 R1 NTSC series,
    because they was badly hard-telecined with big damage for film parts. I have found that TIVTC from tritical
    perform the job quite well even with default settings - and I leave Decomb way because 1) working settings
    for Decomb and B5 seems to be rather extreme therefore reliability of filter's work is questionable for me
    2) I want 24fps output and results of conversion of videoparts (native 29.97) into 24fps looks much better
    for me in TIVTC case. I use DVD2SVCD as frontend because overall number of series is above 100 and I would
    like to keep subtitles, so definitely I am looking for some automatization for the process.

But one problem arises with DVD-files from DVD2SVCD output: they are pretty playable if I feed software
    DVD-player with VOB file and player displays the time correctly in this case. But if I feed player with
    video_ts.ifo file then playback is kinda jerky and displayed time is wrong, seems to be real time divided by
    2. Deleting of the IFOs and recreating them with IFOedit doesn't help in any way, neither using of FixV*S
    onto that DVD-files. Switching from QuEnq to CCE2.70 doesn't help. Any changes in ri*ping stage, from
    internal DVD2SVCD routines to Ri**t4Me with FixV*S, didn't help at all.

However I found that situation can be improved by using of ReStream tool on the .mpv file with following
    restarting DVD2SVCD from cutting/muxing stage. Also, normal DVD could be mastered with .mpv with DVDLab Pro
    if I perfom "rewriting GOP timecode" - but as I mentioned I am looking for some automation in the process and
    would like to keep subtitles too. And of course if I do not add TIVTC-related lines into avs then DVD2SVCD
    produces normal healthy DVD-files.

My current guess is that 29->24fps conversion by TIVTC leaves some timecodes (GOP timecodes? I am rather
    newbie in authoring) messed up (may be with the Babylon 5 only, as this transfer seems to be rather
    problematic as well as disks are mastered with some tricks to make copying them not too easy task). But
    where is the Golden Way for me to perform TIVTC'ing on automated manner and keep subtitles as well?
Working...