• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

a few questions about tmpgenc dvd author 1.6/3

i have few divx files that i want to add to one dvd.first i used tmpgencoder to convert them to mpg and then i used dvd author 1.6 to convert them to dvd,and then demuxed the dvd so i can add subtitles.but later as i imported all four of my (from divx created) vob sets and created menus...made a full dvd out of them....subtitles were gone.then i figured out that probably tmpgenc doesnt support subs and i got me a new version 3 which supports 2 sub streams but the problem is now that i doesnt only make a new dvd out these four separate vob "sets" by simply connecting them together like the old version....it encodes them again making it last for hours and it can max take up to 3012 MB space for some reason.
    now i want to ask
    is it possible to use subs in 1.6 version or configure ver.3 of dvd author not to encode but only to put all the vob "sets" together in one new dvd?
    is there any other - simpler solution that i am missing?
    how do i have to add the video files into the dvd author or configure menu just to have one page of menu where i can choose which of my videos on the dvd i want to play...without going from root to track menu or similar....but when i put the dvd into the player that i get a menu with a choice right a way!
    thnx in advance and sorry if i explaind it all in a bit complicated way
    cro-anthem-video
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

v3 should allow you to load the avi's (with subs) and make a single menu. (not vob sets)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...