Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taylor_clc
    • Oct 2007

Editing software for 8mm original

WE had 5 DVDs created from reels of 8mm film. I am looking for some software to edit (sharpen, lighten, darken, remove) various parts of the film. I know precious little about video editing and am looking for advice on which software I need to acquire. We are running Vista Home Premium which will at least give me some ability to add audio. (There was none to begin with. We will be adding narration.

I know some editing software has the ability to find starting and stopping points of various scenes, but being as the video was created by a nonstop camera recording of the original film as it was projected onto a screen makes me wonder if editing software will capture the "scene changes". Do I need to edit frame by frame and which software(s) gives me this ability? If there is a link I should follow, please let me know. At CompUSA, they recommended Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus for $129.99. More than I wanted to pay, but maybe I need to pay that kind of $$ to do what I want to do or maybe I would need something better or worse. Opinions appreciated!!
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Yes.Ulead Video Studio is very good.I use it and am happy with it.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• olyteddy
      • Nov 2006

You can try any of the uLead stuff free for 21 days. Download it and see if it does what you need.

Comment

Working...