Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hopeful
    • Feb 2008

Help with GUI for dvdAuthor

Can someone point out what I may be doing wrong.

I'm trying to take TV shows recorded from my DVR, off of multiple disks, mixing matching titles onto one disk as able to fit. And then adding a simple menu to navigate the disc.

I'm limited in my hardware resources. I'm running Win98SE on a PIII, 500MHz system, with 224M of RAM (as I recall). I have 2 HD's, one 20G which is almost full and one 30G which I'm using for the video files/processing. (Because of FAT32 I'm also limited in file size.)

The process I go through is to use dvdFABHD Decrypter (or dvdDecrypter -- although it usually doesn't want to work with the discs from my DVR, which is a Funai SV2000) to get the contents of 2-3 DVD's onto my HD, then ReAuthor them using dvdShrink. Then add the menu -- at this point I'm trying to use GUI for dvdAuthor to add simple a simple menu for title navigation. Finally, I burn an IMG (iso) file and check it with a software DVD player. That way I don't end up (hopefully) with flawed DVDs.

The main problem I seem to be having in being successful is that if a title takes 2 or more VOBs I can't seem to find the proper way to get them into GFD's menu window so that they play contiguously, from the Title button.

I've tried dragging both VTS files into the menu window and also, only dragging the first VTS file, assuming that the second one will be linked to the first when the "Create DVD" is executed. So far neither has produced a contiguous title from 2 or more "linked" VOBs. A valid DVD _IS_ created, with a button for the title in question, but it plays only to the end of the first VOB. I've also played around with adding "post" codes at the end of the first VTS but, obviously don't know what I'm doing. It doesn't help.

A secondary question is about a error/warning when first dragging files into the menu window. GFD says something about the SCR or timecode being wrong (time reported as, and actual time being different). Then it brings up the editing window for that VOB file. So far I haven't done anything except click OK, since I'm not sure if I SHOULD do anything at that point. I don't know if this may have anything to do with my primary problem or not.

I haven't read every single work of the help files for GFD but in skimming them I can't see anything to explain/solve this problem. I've also tried to search the forum in hopes of finding something and after having read several threads I decided to just post in a new thread. My apologies if that isn't proper.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hopeful
    • Feb 2008

OK. Maybe I've found the answer to the primary problem.

I was searching through the forum at Videohelp.com and found this comment in a post in reply to someone with a vaguely similar goal:

LS's suggestion is probably easiest, but if you need a freeware solution, GFD can import VOB files. It is not as simple to use as the two solutions he suggested, but it can do what you want.

[Edit]...Well maybe not. I should have looked further. It will import VOB's but if you have a VOB set, and you do, it wants them joined into one VOB before you import them. So, that would need to be done first, using another program.

Comment

Working...