Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taisho
    • Mar 2009

Muxing an SRT and AVI

Can you please tell me the exact steps for Muxing my srt and avi. I'm sure no rational person would spend as much time on this as I have. I have a movie that ends with Error "Mux process wrong" in DVD" ". While it is usually fast and simple, I thought I'd try doing it myself. " " put the Avi file into IFO, VOB,BUP files the IFO containing the srt is zeroed out. This original file AVI and SRT open normally in Subtitle Workshop. They are named the same xxx.avi and xxx.srt! Anyway I have opened about twenty of the AV worlds most precious and I run into one or the other i.e. I get srt changed to sup, then I cant load and subpictures. It seems like with each one of these programs I get almost there and then a hang-up occurs like on another try I used DVD D'cry''er, I loaded the movie images; I couldn't get a sup or a srt to load up...it wants the info in IFO format. I tried I'g'u'n and it went together slick, yet when I loaded the finished product...nothing was on it. nada! I could go on with other combinations I've attempted... I would rather listen to a successful author.
    I can follow steps, Mechanix manual, put a laptop together, even read the back of pillsbury cinabon instructions. I've got the movie, I've got the subtitles, I just need and easy, foolproof way of marrying them up to play for the family on the Tel.
    Thank you,
    Tai
    Last edited by Taisho; 2 Mar 2009, 01:45 PM. Reason: No longer speaking of certain titles?
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Taisho,

Welcome to DVF ... please read the Rules ... we can't talk about certain programs anymore ... so "EDIT" your post before the "MOD" closes your Thread ...

But if you are trying to convert an AVI and add the SRT to it try "DVD Flick" is pretty straight-forward.

DVD Flick is a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Authoring tool. It can take several video files stored on your computer and turn them into a DVD that will play back on your DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set.

BTW, if your stand-alone Home DVD Player is DivX capable then you should be play the AVI straight from the disc that you have it on. Just name the AVI And SRT exactly the same ... so you will have xxx.avi and xxx.srt ... when playing the AVI ... just look for Subtitle Button on your Remote Control for the DVD Player and select the subtitle.
    This way you won't even waste time for conversion.

G!

Comment

• Taisho
      • Mar 2009

G
      Thank you for your note I will try the program you mentioned. I won't mention the name. I do appreciate your help. I may have found out why the software I erased the name of wouldn't mux the avi and srt. There is a subtitle Options default page, I had set on the language we are using it had jumped over to CN for chinese subtitles. It won't stay put on english. So until I get that worked out. I'm going to learn how to record DVD's the old fashioned way-by building them! I'll let you know how da Flick works and thanks again.
      Tai

Comment

• Taisho
        • Mar 2009

Gonwk
        That was a great tip I got 3 of the 5 videos ready with subtitles... only possible with your idea to try the software that Dennis Meuwissen authored. Can I say it.DVD F-l-i-c-k
        Thank you very much

Comment

Working...