Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagsr71
    • Jan 2005

Combining VPRJ Files

I've editted out portions from a dvd that are now separated into about five separate projects. I'm trying to combine these projects (VPRJ Files) so that I can edit them the way I'd like into a burnable dvd. I'm using VideoRedoTVSuite version 3.1.5. 564. I've read about all I can and three hours later I'm still nowhere. I just can't seem to combine them (into one project) in order to edit them or at least put them in the sequence I'd like.
    I am able to combine them as VTS movie clips but that's not what I'm after since they're not editted or sequenced as I'd like them to be. Frustrating. Any suggestions or perhaps a different application I should be using that works better?
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

I have used Redo in the past to strip ads form my recordings, but I don't remember if it can combine files. Currently, I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. It can combine the files, and, like Redo, split them at any point (frame accurate), and it can add transition effects, DVD menus, etc... But I hate its interface, and it is expensive.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• jagsr71
      • Jan 2005

Yes. I've used Redo to strip commercials too but it this should be a simple task. Womble sounds interesting but not too keen on spending big bucks right now. Either Redo can do it or there should perhaps be some other kind of freeware out there. I do have TMPGENC v1.6 but I don't have it loaded on my computer at this moment. Not sure if it'd be able to help any. This really should NOT be so difficult.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

@jagsr71

Open your first project in VideoRedo. Click on Joiner/Add current project to joiner list. Open the next project and do the same. Repeat for all the projects.Then, Joiner/Create video from joiner list.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• jagsr71
          • Jan 2005

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion and clicking on Joiner/Add current project to joiner list doesn't result in anything. It's like an ignored command.

Comment

• jagsr71
            • Jan 2005

I'm very persistent. I went back again and tried the Joiner/Add current project to joiner list. I could see how it correctly kept adding more combined time to the project and it makes you save each time you add but after I added them all up it only gave me the last one I'd done. I really am about to hit my head against the wall or start drinking heavily!! LOL. There's just no window showing you each one you've added as a project list which would be : REALLY NICE!!! What am I doing wrong or is there a different program that will accomplish this rather seemingly easy task?

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

after I added them all up it only gave me the last one I'd done
              Did you select "Create video from joiner list" ? I could do it successfully. Really don't know what is the problem at your end.
              sigpic

Comment

• jagsr71
                • Jan 2005

Eureka!! Got it! Thank you so very much! I was getting so frustrated that THAT'S exactly what I needed to do. I'd only used this program for editting out commercials. It worked great for that.
                I think what threw me off a bit is that you physically can't see that you're adding more chapters unless you keep a tally of your total minutes as you add each chapter.
                Thank you again!!! Now I can have a couple of beers to celebrate!!!! WooHoo!

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Glad it worked for you. Enjoy your mugfuls.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...