newbee question, what is the playback like on a DVD without a menu?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeydear
    • Jul 2009

newbee question, what is the playback like on a DVD without a menu?

I want to burn a DVD, but I don't have software to create a menu, and I've never burned a DVD before.

I have some 14 individual tracks. If I burn them to a DVD, will the DVD run the tracks together and just play them one after another automatically? Or will the DVD create kind of it's own menu and I'll have to click on each track to play them? How does this work?
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

What file extension do these tracks have?

Comment

• undertakertv
      • Jun 2009

If you don't create menu for your DVD, the DVD will play tracks one after another automatically; If you want to jump from one track to another (eg: play them in custom order), you'd better add a menu for it.

Usually you need to first convert your video to DVD files, then burn your DVD files into DVD disc.

You may try mpeg video wizard dvd to convert、author、burn your DVD.

Here are the steps to do it:
      1. run mpeg video wizard dvd and click dvd icon on the toolbar(floating on the upper right of your screen).
      2. in the dvd maker window, click add video to add your 14 video clips.
      3. click on the menu icon, then click Add Menu...
      4. In the menu template list window, select the a menu template, and press OK.
      5. click export. specify the output directory and click start to export a video-ts folder.
      6. click tools button on the toolbar.
      7. In the burn window, input the video-ts folder as the dvd source and click burn.

If you don't need a menu, ingore the step3 and step4.

Hope it helps.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Even if you don't want menus, unless your files are already in the DVD format, you'll still need to convert and author the files so they are DVD compliant and have a DVD structure.

I recommend you try out DVD Flick, as it's free and fairly easy to use. I have a guide for it that you can use to get started, although it's a bit out of date as I've been meaning to update it (the guide doesn't show you how to make menus, but the latest version of DVD Flick does support them).
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...