Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perception
    • Feb 2003

ReMPEG Problems

I'm attempting to re-encode dvd movies which will not fit onto a 4.7gb DVD-R so that they will fit using ReMPEG.
    The encoding process takes typically 12-14hrs on a p4 2.6ghz, the progress bar reaches 99% but seldom comples "successfully". Usually the program continues to run for an addition 12-24 hrs and then terminates illegally.

Any ideas? Are there any other options for re-encoding?

Thanks!
  • dj_ely
    • Feb 2003

Had the same problem with Bourne Idenity, got to 99% so i hit cancel and it had still re-mpeged fine, no probs.

ELY

Comment

• Mexman
      • Feb 2003

Hey Dude,

I hope this is of some help to you. I was having the same problem with rempeg so i started looking for another solution and found it. I used a proggy called DVD2ONE. After you have ripped the vobs with either dvd decryptor or smartripper then you run this program. Whatever size the film is it re-encodes it down to 4.3gb in less than 15 mins.....YES 15 mins not 12 hours like with rempeg..... Try it out it is AMAZING.......

Comment

• DVDIdiot
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2002

did you know you can use DVD2ONE and it only takes around 20 minutes to do? Why use ReMPG when it takes forever and then find out that i didn't do its job right...I even have a guide on using this software...take care...
        DVD Step-by-Step Guides
        http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

Working...