X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DVD2One - Marvelous!

DVD2One - What a great piece of efficient programming at only 104Kb!

It's the epitome of efficiency and simplicity - Click on the hard drive folder containing your already ripped DVD. Select the proper title (the movie) from the automatically generated list of titles. Enter a new hardrive destination and in 10 to 25 minutes (depending on your system) you've got a ready to burn DVD of less than 4.37Gigs.

If you can live without menus and special features (The author indicates that these too may be addressed in the near future), this is surely the best value going at present in this arena ;>}
  • DVDIdiot
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

setarip,

DVD2ONE is a great program only if you don't want the MENUs.
    If you want to have the MENUs as the original DVD, then try InstantCopy. This software will crank bit by bit to make it fit into your single layer DVDR. The downline is that it takes up to 2hrs compare to 20 minutes and the quality is NOT as great as DVD2ONE. If you need to have MENUs, then you need to sacrify something.
    DVD Step-by-Step Guides
    http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• cplevel42
      • Jun 2002

I agree!

Setarip and DVDidiot, I argree! These two programs along with DVDDecrypter are the best things that have ever happend to DVD ripping. Version 1.0.2 of DVD2one is even better than 1.0. Pinnacle Instant Copy works like a charm on my system too, I only use this when wanting to keep the menus and extras.

I rarely ever use DVDXCOPY anymore. I hate the DVDXCOPY intro and the fact that it encodes a trace to the sotware owner.

Now the only question is where to find some good but cheap DVD-R in bulk (100 pcs) that will work as well as the Riteks that have recently gone up in price.
      cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

100 pack is gonna run you about a grand if you are lucky

Comment

• cplevel42
          • Jun 2002

Huh?

A grand? like in $1000.00

Not sure what you mean, but I looked at what setarip was using and I'm gonna give that a go. Meritline 2x 100 pcs spindle for $132.00. See below.

cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

sorry bout the meritline I looked on amazon and they were high as like gold lol

Comment

• cappie
              • Feb 2003

would someone....

would someone please send me the link for DVD2ONE....i cant seem to find it......thank you

Comment

• cappie
                • Feb 2003

never mind i found it

Comment

• vljenewein
                  • Jan 2003

New alternative

Hi guys!
                  I've been using a program along with DVD2ONE that I really like and would like to share with you all.
                  DVD95COPY is a program that allows you to compress the menus and extras and save the major part of the movie for less compression. There is also a brand new update that allows for some more user adjustments and configurations.

I've used it and works GREAT. I have a movie with extras heavily compressed ( I don't care if they are not as good as quality) and the movie looks pretty sharp.. DVD2ONE quality or better.

I still use DVD2ONE whenever I don't want the menu, extras etc as I am looking for a working copy there in a movie. and DVD2ONE does take a little less time. But, this new program DVD95COPY ver. 1.2.3 does some really nifty stuff, and I've included a link to them so you can take a look. Downsided is that you have to rip the entire movie, and not just the main part, since it is going to use that to allow you your choices.
                  Here is link: DVD95COPY website German web site, but in English.

Also I buy Ritek 4X for my Pioneer DVR105 at Rima web site GREAT prices!! They are in California, and I have bought from them twice! Great shipping great product and here pretty quick to Michigan. No coasters with Ritek!!
                  Vernon Jenewein
                  jenefarm@direcway.com

Abit KV8MAX3, with AMD64 3200+
                  Maxtor 120GB ATA133 IDE hard drive
                  Maxtor 80GB SATA150 Hard drive
                  Leadtek WinFast TV2000 Xpert video card
                  1 GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR333
                  Nvidia MX440 64MB DDR Video card
                  Aopen 8X DVD R/RW/ combo
                  Aopen 52X CD R/RW DVD combo
                  Toshiba 16X DVD drive
                  DW6000 Satellite 2-way Internet

Former Nebraskan.. "fix it with bailin' wire . "

Comment

• cplevel42
                    • Jun 2002

Thanks vljenewein

Thanks for the info! I have heard good things about DVD95copy and will definately try it out. Just another tool to add to the mix.

Thats cool that you can compress the extras to save bitrate space for the main movie. DVD ripping has become so simple and fast that my girlfriend has quit complaining about me being on the computer, as I'm on it a lot less now.

I could get DVD95copy on my Emule p2p for free, but I would prefer to pay for it since the price is so reasonable. I'm gonna give it a try out.

Thanks again vljenewein!
                    cplevel42@attbi.com

Comment

• vljenewein
                      • Jan 2003

just a little addendum
                      We ripped all the files for the movie Gladiator to HD with DVD Decrypter in FILE mode and then I used DVD95COPY to "do it's magic... at 40% compression on the extras. It takes a wee bit longer than DVD2ONE.. but it's doing a little more. Amazing!! Completely filled up a 4.7 GB disc to near the maximum burn. That means it's doing what it's supposed to do!!

We also have this movie as a working copy with DVD2ONE. My wife and I sat down at the TV last night and watched it again. My wife could not tell that I had the "backup" copy in the Apex set top DVD player. It played extremely well.. menus and choices were there!!

We are please as punch with their program and in cases where there is a large movie with lots of extas, I might choose DVD2ONE for the end movie quality, but for the most part, and this is on the majority of movies we have, I just use DVD95COPY and have the working backup with full menus.

This developer is such a workaholic. On Saturday I had ver 1.2.3 and on Sunday I had newer version 1.2.4 that he felt was better and solved an issue on a movie. Their fixes or updates are NOT subject to whether they can "copy protect" their new software, but lean heavily on the useability of their present customers!! How about that!!!

A movie my daughter got for her Birthday, "Spy Kids 2" would not work in her computer DVD rom.. ORIGINAL. I had to use DVD decrypter and rip it to my hard drive and remove the encryption, and then DVD95COPY to prepare it and then burned it with Nero 5.5.10.15a to a Ritek 4X disc. Works great in her computer now, and she can access the GAMES that were on it.

Vern
                      Vernon Jenewein
                      jenefarm@direcway.com

Aopen 8X DVD R/RW/ combo
                      Toshiba 16X DVD drive

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"We also have this movie as a working copy with DVD2ONE. My wife and I sat down at the TV last night and watched it again. My wife could not tell that I had the "backup" copy in the Apex set top DVD player. It played extremely well.. menus and choices were there!!"

Menu and choices were there - on a DVD2One copy?

Comment

• vljenewein
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by setarip
                          "We also have this movie as a working copy with DVD2ONE. My wife and I sat down at the TV last night and watched it again. My wife could not tell that I had the "backup" copy in the Apex set top DVD player. It played extremely well.. menus and choices were there!!"

Menu and choices were there - on a DVD2One copy?
                          Menu and choice were there DEFENITELY on a DCVD95COPY, not DVD2ONE. I was not clear enough on that in the earlier post. We have 2 working copies of this movie.. one made with DVD2ONE as movie only and one made with DVD95COPY with the menus, etc. You really cannot indistinguish between the two when they are into the movie part. But, at the beginning, you see the different scene selections, and the picture of Rome in the background, etc just like in the original.. this is the DVD95COPY. and you can 'jump' to a different scene that is shown by click on it.
                          Vernon Jenewein
                          jenefarm@direcway.com

Aopen 8X DVD R/RW/ combo
                          Toshiba 16X DVD drive

Comment

• onerose
                            • Nov 2001

to cosign with vljenewein (about dvd95copy) i just copyed 8 mile and got a clear copy of the extra's e.i. the rap battles and the superman video(wow! you wont see that version on mtv)and it worked great and i can choose between 5.1 and dts i think for what it does this prog is great
                            Last edited by onerose; 23 Mar 2003, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• vljenewein
                              • Jan 2003

Way to go onerose (another from Michigan *S*). I ripped our copy of Wkindtalkers last night, and tried out a new update to my DVD95COPY which is version 1.3. WOW!! Then ripped it to DVD using Nero 5.5.10.15a version. Looked at the menu, looked at the movie. This is SOME program!!! The picture quality of the movie was OUTSTANDING for what it had to do.. as in NOT split it between 2 DVDs and put it all onto one.

I remember when DVD2ONE came out in February not that long ago that I got it. Since then there have been other players into this field and improvements in all aspects of what they are designing them to do. Now DVD2ONE has a new version for doing 1:1. I have it's update (registered user....message there ) But have not tried it out as yet..been too please as punch with this DVD95COPY program!

My 2 cents worth and then maybe a shilling or two or perhaps 5 or 10 Pfennings.
                              Vernon Jenewein
                              jenefarm@direcway.com

Aopen 8X DVD R/RW/ combo
                              Toshiba 16X DVD drive