Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ephestus
    • Apr 2003

IMGTool vs file size

is there any way to increase the file size of the outputted image from img tools. I get an error everytime from around 4,194,302 kb. On each occasion this accounted for about 97% of the film.

The version of IMGTools is 0.89.

thanks
  • dvdshrink
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2003

Never used the software, but 4,194,302 Kb is almost exactly 4Gb. Are you saving to a FAT32 partition? FAT32 does not support file sizes in excess of 4Gb.

Comment

• Ephestus
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for the quick reply.. yes the drive is fat32. Ive tried just using the suggested rip, DVD2One to compress, IFOedit to get VTS sectors, and nero express to make the backup, but the only way I can get any results on my stand alone player is to make an image file and burn that using DVDDecrypter. Hence my problem. I do however have 2 harddrives, one of which can be reformatted to ntfs if this will help, but Im not sure how to do this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• dvdshrink
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2003

You will need an NTFS partition to save DVD image files.

If you don't mind losing everything on the drive, well, right-click on its icon and select "Format..."! If you want to preserve the contents then I've heard a conversion is possible but never done it myself. Try the windows help.

Or you could start again using DVD Shrink (available from Software/DVD Backup page) which outputs regular DVD files you can burn directly with Nero, and then you won't need NTFS.

Good luck...

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"the only way I can get any results on my stand alone player is to make an image file and burn that using DVDDecrypter"

You don't have to convert your hard drive. If you use DVDDecrypter in the "ISO-Read" mode to rip your DVD (up to 4.36Gigs), it will generate a two part .ISO image file (the first part will be 4Gigs) and a tiny "DVD" file (information about joining the two .ISOs). You can then, once again use DVDDecrypter, in the "ISO-Write" mode to select the "DVD file and burn your DVD-R...

Comment

• Ephestus
            • Apr 2003

Thanks for all the info guys

I now have successfully managed to burn the DVD + R after converting my second drive to NTFS (valuable info).

Comment

• CouJo
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by setarip
              "the only way I can get any results on my stand alone player is to make an image file and burn that using DVDDecrypter"

You don't have to convert your hard drive. If you use DVDDecrypter in the "ISO-Read" mode to rip your DVD (up to 4.36Gigs), it will generate a two part .ISO image file (the first part will be 4Gigs) and a tiny "DVD" file (information about joining the two .ISOs). You can then, once again use DVDDecrypter, in the "ISO-Write" mode to select the "DVD file and burn your DVD-R...
              ISO Read and write is only the way if you copy a DVD5. But if you strip or reencode something, you can't use the iso read feature of DVDDecrypter, right?

Comment

Working...