• SrTp
    • May 2003

My Home Dvd Can't Read Dvd+r!!!

I CAN'T believe!! I've bought a DVD+R burner :

MIRROR DVD+RW

And I can't read my DVD+R movies on my home DVD:

Mustek V562

It says "No CD".

I am desperate! I cant read my DVD+R copies! Ho my good...

Help me Please...what can I do????
    Last edited by SrTp; 9 May 2003, 07:52 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You are mistaken about your standalone's capabilities. Go to:

You'll see that it IS capable of playing back +Rs as well as many other media types.

Therefore, it's safe to assume that your problem lies either in your burning methodology or the QUALITY of the media.

Does the burned DVD+R playback properly on your PC?

Comment

• SrTp
      • May 2003

"Does the burned DVD+R playback properly on your PC?"

Yes!

I've burned a DVD+R and a DVD+RW and they can be played properly on my PC but not on my Home DVD!

I've burned them with NERO.

"You are mistaken about your standalone's capabilities. Go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers....h&Search=Search"

I know that, I had already read that link.

I don't no what I can do!
      I've spent a lot of €€€.

[Sorry about my english ]

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Can you successfully play COMMERCIAL DVDs on your standalone player?

If you can't, then your problem is the standalone player. Try purchasing and running a DVD/CD cleaning disk in it. Maxell sells one for approximately $10US.

If COMMERCIAL DVDs do play on your standalone then, as I said previously, it's safe to assume that your problem lies either in your burning methodology or the QUALITY of the media.

1) Are you using one of the more recent releases of NERO (5.5.10 or higher)? If not, get an update...

2) Are you using NERO's "DVD-Video" format - and "dragging and dropping all.IFOs, .BUPs, and .VOBs into the red "VIDEO_TS" folder?

3) Have you tried different brands of DVD+Rs or, more safely (and less costly for experimentation) DVD+R/Ws?

Comment

• SrTp
          • May 2003

"Can you successfully play COMMERCIAL DVDs on your standalone player?"

- Yes!

"If you can't, then your problem is the standalone player. Try purchasing and running a DVD/CD cleaning disk in it. Maxell sells one for approximately $10US."

- I don't think so. I think the problem lies on my burning methodology. I don't no...

"1) Are you using one of the more recent releases of NERO (5.5.10 or higher)? If not, get an update... "

- I think I'm not using the most updated version.

"2) Are you using NERO's "DVD-Video" format - and "dragging and dropping all.IFOs, .BUPs, and .VOBs into the red "VIDEO_TS" folder?"

- I have IFOs, .BUPs, and .VOBs in the "VIDEO_TS" folder.

"3) Have you tried different brands of DVD+Rs or, more safely (and less costly for experimentation) DVD+R/Ws?"

- As I said: I've burned a DVD+R and a DVD+RW and they can be played properly on my PC but not on my Home DVD.

I don't no what i can do.

I've tried to play my DVD+R and +RW on my friends's home DVD and it worked fine. (a think it was a SONY)
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Your responses to my questions 1), 2), and 3) are (intentionally or unintentionally) incomplete or vague.

1) If you've PURCHASED NERO, you should simply download and install the most current update

2) Are you or are you not using NERO's "DVD-Video" format?

3) Have you or have you not tried different BRANDS of media?

You can't expect meaningful assistance if you can't answer questions that may lead to the resolution of your problem...

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

As Setarip suggested make sure you have the latest version of NERO? How are you burning the file in NERO (DVD VIDEO or UDF)? Please describe your procedure.

DVD backup guides are available at doom9.org (you can also search the forum). Taking a look at dvdr-digest may also be helpful.

Comment

• SrTp
                • May 2003

Sorry men!

My responses to your questions are certainly unintentionally!

I'm portuguese and I don't no what does it mean some technical terms! Sorry, I'm doing my best!

1) I've instaled Nero 5.5.10.15 .

2) I think i'm using DVD VIDEO, should use DVD-ROM (UDF) format?

3) Yes i've used HP DVD+R and SONY DVD+RW .

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

Ok. But are you first compressing the dvd? or are you splitting it?then burning?

Or is it a direct burn?

Comment

• SrTp
                    • May 2003

Ok Batman, I will continue searching about my problem at those links.

Comment

• BigfootDT
                      • May 2003

Try useing the UDF/ISO Mode in Nero and make sure you check the box in the options marked force DVD video copatability unter the UDF tab.

I made about 12 tries on a RW disk that didn,t work on my Home DVD player before I Tryed that and that cured my problem.

I could not get a single disk to work useing the DVD Video setting in Nero.
                      Last edited by BigfootDT; 13 May 2003, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...