Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blaquetung
    • May 2003

TMPGEncDVDAuthor Problem

I am attempting to copy a DVD. I ripped a DVD to my hard drive and then attempted to make a copy of just the movie portion of the DVD using TMPGEncDVDAuthor. The movie should have 21 chapters, and when TMPGEncDVDAuthor reads the chapter information it recognizes that it needs to read 21 chapters but it only creates a file with 15 chapters.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The two "Double Track" menu formats appear to limit the number of chapters...

Comment

• blaquetung
      • May 2003

yeah....I found that the double track menus limited my already limited 15 tracks to 5 tracks.

The problem I'm currently working on occurs before the menu however.

When I add the DVD file, it doesn't all get added. And the size of the DVD file is substantially smaller than 4.7 GB. So, I'm trying to find a way around this...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If and when you've resolved your problem, perhaps you'll be good enough to share the information back here...

Comment

• blaquetung
          • May 2003

I think I found out why I only get 15 of 21 tracks. But I still can't think of a way around this problem.

This is a dual-sided DVD that is of total size 5.8 GB. It consists of two movies. The movie I want to rip is about 3.9 GB and 15 tracks are on one layer and the other 6 tracks are on the other layer.

TMPGEnd DVD Author won't allow me to put that entire video together.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Load them in as two individual tracks...

Comment

• blaquetung
              • May 2003

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Load them in as separate tracks?" Is there a way to split the movie I want and load those two parts into TMPGEncDVDAuthor?

Anyways, a full recap of the situation.

I have a 5.8 GB dual-layered disc. This disc has two movies on it. Each movie is small enough to fit on it's own DVD. I want each movie on it's own DVD. One of the movies is split between layers, and that is where the problem resides. I have attempted to remedy the situation by two methods:

1. By following this guide: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/...18&page=4#imp1 The problem here is that I need to split the video between two discs, but I don't want to split the first movie at all.

2. By using TMPGEncDVDAuthor and attempting to load each of the movies individually. The second movie loads fine, but the first one does not. The first one only loads 15 of 21 tracks. This corresponds with the layer break as the other 6 tracks are on layer 2.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"This is a dual-sided DVD that is of total size 5.8 GB. It consists of two movies. The movie I want to rip is about 3.9 GB and 15 tracks are on one layer and the other 6 tracks are on the other layer."

You are mixing your terminology - Is it a double-SIDED, single layer DVD (otherwise known as a "flipper", essentially two DVD5s glued back-to-back), or is it a double-LAYERED, single sided DVD (otherwise known as a DVD9)?

Comment

• blaquetung
                  • May 2003

double-LAYERED, single sided DVD (otherwise known as a DVD9)

sorry...made a mistake earlier

Comment

• blaquetung
                    • May 2003

"1. By following this guide: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles...=18&page=4#imp1 The problem here is that I need to split the video between two discs, but I don't want to split the first movie at all."

I think I know how to fix this now. I put the break line on the very first track, hence all of the first movie will be on disc 2.

Still not sure how to fix the problem I'm having with TMPGEncDVDAuthor.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"then attempted to make a copy of just the movie portion of the DVD using TMPGEncDVDAuthor"

Is it possible that you've missed either the last full .VOB, or that a .VOB is a combination of both the end of the first video and the beginning of the second?

Comment

• blaquetung
                        • May 2003

no..it isn't either of those

the break happens in the middle of one of the first movie's .vob files

and the second movie has two .vob files for itself

anyways, thanks for trying to help me through this setarip

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

Have you tried loading the ENTIRE ripped DVD into TMPGEnc DVD Author - and then editing out the second video?

Comment

Working...