Difference between Sony DRU-510A & The New Pioneer 106?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave24
    • May 2003

Difference between Sony DRU-510A & The New Pioneer 106?

Hi guys

I returned my faulty Sony DRU-510A writer yesterday after 1 week if usuage. I did end of buying the Pioneer 105 writer but i am having seconds thoughts now as the pioneer doeasnt do + dvds, and I like to have the best and most upto date equiptment.

Anyways I have decided to take my Pioneer 105 back tomorrow, I dont really want to buy another Sony because I am been put off with that particular model. I was thinking of waiting for the new
    Pioneer 106 version, and wanted to ask if it has the exact same features as the current Sony. what are the differences if it has any, from the Sony.

Thanks
    Dave
  • DVDIdiot
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

Well, I don't know about Pioneer 106 yet, but if you want to have both the + & - burner all in one then the best is SONY or you can wait and see what's the best in a few more weeks...

Take care!!!
    DVD Step-by-Step Guides
    http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• fbmclaughlin
      • Oct 2002

I have a SONY DRU-500AX and find it is extremely good. It seems to be writing 4X to 2.4 discs. Am using DVDit(PE), Premiere 6.5, XP, 3.06 gig, 1 g RAM.

Comment

• swanside1
        • Jan 2002

Re

I think the main difference is the price, they wilboth do the media, NEC have released a dual format writer that is cheaper than the sony.
        I have just ordered a 105 for £95 from Playstationmods.com, sorry, but for me, the price of the equipment, takes priority, also I have never had any problems with the -r media, so, that will do for me.

Comment

• fbmclaughlin
          • Oct 2002

I might add one item that might be worth thinking about: the DRU-500ax has a 8mb buffer whereas just about every other unit has only 2mb.

Comment

Working...