X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ptitrud
    • Jun 2003

troubles with NEC ND-1300A

Hi,

I recently bought a DVD writer (NEC ND-1300A multiformat) and I have some troubles to burn DVD-R of the brand "bulkpaq" 4X certified (generation 4).

The problem is the following : when I try to burn a dvd with Nero (5.5.10.35 the latest release) I have a message that indicates the error : illegal medium, unable to start disc-at-once.

the most amazing thing is that a I can burn DVD-RW (DataSafe Media) 2X certified....so the recorder and the software are good....

if anyone has a solution please help me !! thanks !!!

(sorry for the english I'm a french guy...)

Ptitrud'
  • _mutant_
    • Jun 2003

There is nothing wrong with your burner. It is the media that you use. Bulpaq is brand that has been "banned" by all manufacturers and that is why it is not gonna write. You can try downgrading the bios of your drive but I do not recommend that if your a newbie to this - you can damage your drive.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) Do you know whether your burner has the ability to recognize 4X DVD-Rs?

2) Do you have the most recent firmware upgrade applied to your burner?

Comment

• ptitrud
        • Jun 2003

**** I bought 25 DVD-R in one time.....snifff.....

well I don't know if the bios of my recoreder is the latest (I think it's 1.05). I think my recorder can't recognize 4X dvd-r with the dvd-r I used (and certified 4X) but maybe it's because of the bad brand.....

where can I find an upgrade of the bios for my recorder ? the only one I found was made to allow my recorder to be multizone.....

thanks.
        Ptitrud'

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"I think my recorder can't recognize 4X dvd-r"

Read the documentation that came with the drive.

"where can I find an upgrade of the bios for my recorder ?"

At NEC's website...

Comment

• ptitrud
            • Jun 2003

"Read the documentation that came with the drive"

unfortunately I bought my writer in an OEM version so I have no documentations....

"At NEC's website..."

it seems that there is nothing concerning their writer on the website....so I sent a comment to nec support....

anyway thanks for your support ^_^

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"anyway thanks for your support ^_^"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• ptitrud
                • Jun 2003

I found a solution to my problem. for the one who has the same problem as me look at this post : http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=15300

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Are you trying to say that this burner requires +R media and NOT -R media?

Comment

• ptitrud
                    • Jun 2003

not really. I'm just saying that the original firmware in the writer isn't made to support the cheapest media like bulkpaq. I read a lot of things about that and now I understand how it works and the reason why my media wasn't accepted.

I flashed my writer with the fw of Herrie and now I can burn the DVD-R and the 4X speed is now available.

Did I answer welle to your remark ?

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"I flashed my writer with the fw of Herrie and now I can burn the DVD-R and the 4X speed is now available."

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Comment

• twangerlang
                        • Mar 2003

i also got this dvd writer.it doesnt seem to like the cheap dvd-r's like princo and bulkpaq but i found some 4x unbranded ritek disks and they work a treat.i bought 100 of them and ive made about 40-50 copies now and not one coaster! so to previous posts, this writer does work at 4x, you just need to use some decent disks.

Comment

• sibuk76
                          • Jul 2003

you can download the new firmware from here which lets you burn to 4X media, havent tested it yet because mine has been sent back to nec coz it is totaly fu**ed, hope this helps http://212.203.28.251/105xpfree.rar

Comment

• micro065
                            • Jul 2003

Hi, I am also very new to DVD burners. I also bought a Verbatim packaged ND-1300A drive. Verbatim`s Tech support told me that I should use name brand media like TDK, Verbatim, Pioneer, and Sony, and avoid Memorx and Imation. They also told me today (7-19-03) that they would have new firmware out for this drive in about a week. I hope this helps!

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

latest firmware 1.06 is available for the 1300a

Firmwareupdate - Important Information:

[F/W revision Brands]
                              -Princo DVD-R 4x
                              -MPO DVD+R 2.4x

-This update will only work with original NEC ND-1300A "RETAIL" devices, not with OEM
                              versions from Futjitsu Siemens, MEDION, DELL, Gateway etc.(you can destroy device!)
                              Same concens external USB2.0 / Firewire variants! Pls. contact in this case your dealer,
                              distribution or manufacturer of PC package.

-use firmwareupdate only for ND-1300A devices with FW ver. 1.05!

-Do not turn off power during the updating process.

-Warranty will be lost during false updating procedure.

-After unzipping pls. double click on "NECND13_106.exe", follow instructions, but be careful, pls. close all other applications during update procedure.

Pls. visit for further Informations our homepage: http://www.necd.de/home.php?lang=ENG
                              list of supported media for 1300a:

Comment

Working...