X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cat28
    • Aug 2003

DVD can´t be copied?

Hi!

I have a problem (obviously ). I bought an old movie on dvd that has been transferred from Tape to DVD with regioncode 1.
    The DVD plays back on my dvd player as well as my notebook without any problems.

I wanted to make a copy of that DVD and tried with various programs to do so,but they all stopped at a certain percentage and said "Error: CRC Check failed" or something similar.

I´ve tried DVD Shrink, DVD X Copy, Nero DVD Copy

nothing worked.

What can I do?

thanx
    Kati
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A "CRC" (Cyclical Redundancy Check) error is indicative of a physical problem (scratched, dirty, or warped DVD).

1) Clean the DVD - and look for scratches

2) Try using DVD Decrypter (In "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "ALL files", NOT "movie files") to first "rip" the ENTIRE DVD to your hard drive - and then burning a copy of the hard drive version

3) Purchase a DVD/CD cleaning disc to clean your burner's innards (primarily the laser). Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

Comment

• cat28
      • Aug 2003

hi setarip!

I´ve followed your instructions with DVD Decrypter, but it stopped as well giving me the following:

I/O Error!
      ScsiStatus: 0x02
      Interpretation: check condition

CDB 28 00 00 0C 93 04 00 00 01 00
      Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 824068
      Unrecovered Read Error

So I guess that´s it then.... I can´t copy the DVD, what the heck, as long as I can watch it - I guess I have to live with it!

Thanks a lot for your help

Kati

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks a lot for your help

My pleasure ;>}

Have you tried either or both of the following?:

Clean the DVD - and look for scratches

Purchase a DVD/CD cleaning disc to clean your DVD ROM or burner's innards (primarily the laser). Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

Comment

• littlemouse
          Setaeriper
          • Aug 2003

Hello cat28,
          I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work in this situation.
          1. You can drag the whole VIDEO_TS and copy it into your hard-drive (from DVD-ROM), then use other programs to copy or rip it.
          2. You may use Nero to copy directly (from DVD-ROM to DVD-ROM), You have to waste a disc for this purpose if you are not success. That's all I have.
          A long time ago, I got that problem with 1 DVD, no program is worked. So I use Nero to copy disc directly, it's fine. It got problem because in the movie, one place have problem (the original movie copied from VHS) that make DVD-ROM cannot read the file. On the DVD Player, I have to forward it when it comes to that place...
          Try and reply to me....Hope you'll solve the problem.
          Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
          Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

• satdoxter
            • Aug 2003

cat28

You can setup dvddecrypter that he just ignore the bad sectors setup retry for reading and writing to a minimum and have patience i have copied old dvd's with 7000 bad sectors or more the only thing you'll sure get is som freezed frames probarly about missing some seconds of the movie

Comment

• cat28
              • Aug 2003

dvd can´t be copied!

Hi satdoxter!

Sounds great, how do I make these settings?

Thanks a lot

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

DVD Decrypter>>Tools>>Settings>>I/O>>Options>>Ignore Read Errors - Put a checkmark next to "Ignore Read Errors"
                Last edited by setarip; 30 Aug 2003, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• satdoxter
                  • Aug 2003

setarip gave the right answer dont forget to set "sotfware read error retries" and software write error retries to a minimum 1 or 2 it will save you almost a week and have patience it takes time depend on the errors on the DVD and with time you have to think in several hours longest DVD took here almost 16 hours and had more than 30000 bad sectors

succes

Comment

Working...