Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thejattcru
    • Aug 2003

Avi

I'm having trouble converting my AVI files to mpeg, everytime i try to convert the AVI file the end result in the Mpeg file type is either a picture upside down or the other way round.

What software can be used to copy 'AVI' film files that need codecs to DVD-R or CD-R so it can be played on a DVD player?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• thejattcru
      • Aug 2003

avi

I have already used "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format when it is finshed the MPEG 2 version of the film has the sound missing. Whats going on there?

The "TMPGEnc" software i have says 'NTSC specification used in North America and Japan' , what does this mean?

What does video type: non-interlace and interlace mean?

What should i set for the CBR, 'linear pcm' audio or 'mpeg 1 layer ll audio'?

thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

mpeg 1 layer ll audio

"Search" ("Find") your hard drive for a file with the same name as your .M2V videostream (which you've apparently located, but havin either an .MP2 or .WAV extender...

Comment

• thejattcru
          • Aug 2003

what nxt

So far i have used Virtual dub to extract the adio, then in TMPGEnc i use the avi file for the video file and for the Audio file i use the wav audio the has been extracted from the film. Once converting to MPEG 2 using the TMPGEnc. There is no sound on the converted mpeg file. Why?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• thejattcru
              • Aug 2003

thank- SVCD

I figured it out. thanks for your help anyway.
              But i do have another question. When using TMPGENC make a SVCD from a avi file. Everything comes out fine, but how can i change the size of the picture because the finished MPEG file is about 480x480. Is it possible to make the picture size bigger about (720x480), how?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

SVCDs are intended to be played back on a television. As such there is absolutely NOTHING to be gained (and it probably won't playback on your standalone DVD player) by increasing the resolution to 720x480.

On the other hand, if you REDUCE the resolution (under both the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs to 352x480 (known as "Chinese Video Disk" or "1/2 DVD"), the television display will look markedly better than 480x480...

Comment

Working...