Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_jbloggs
    • Aug 2003

Problems burning DVD-R using Sony DRU510A

Anyone with Sony DRU510A burner been able to successfully write to the Verbatim DVD-R successfully. The firmware on my burner is 1.0B and I have managed to create several coaster. The burning software I tried are Pinnacle Instant Copy, Nero 6 and RecordNow DX, failed with all of them. I'm trying to burn home movie and I have successfully burned on the DVD+R media.

Sony's web site states that the Verbatim DVD-R is compatible media for the DRU510A.

Any help/advise will be much appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you aware of the fact that there had been FAKE Verbatim DVD-Rs being offered for sale on the 'Net?

If the price you paid seemed "too good to be true" for branded DVD-Rs, there's a good chance they were not legitimate Verbatims...

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
      • Aug 2003

I bought the Media from Office Depot, would they sell fakes? How can I tell if they are fake?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I bought the Media from Office Depot"

They're not fakes...

Comment

• polopony
          • Sep 2003

hi if theres a dollar to be made someone is bootlegging something ink, dvd's , the bolts that hold on airplane engines you name it .I purchased riteck go4's and am really pleased with the results I've found that my sony 510 is picky it will record on the cheap stuff but not consistently so I got the ritecks from merline By the way the newest firmware update I'm aware of is 1.c
          Last edited by polopony; 14 Sep 2003, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
            • Aug 2003

Well after trying firmware upgrade, different media, re-install driver & changing settings on software, I just took the Burner back and luckily they (Circuit City) exchanged it for me even after over 2 months had passed from date of purchase. The New drive is burning successfully so far.

Thanks for all the input.

Comment

• JohninTennessee
              • May 2003

I have one too and minedoesn't like the +R disks. Something you might want to try is slow down your burning speed..

Comment

• polopony
                • Sep 2003

I dont know whats up with sony these days. Support is terrible !I wonder about their quality control.My friend just purchaced a sony stand alone player and it was bad right out of the box. If you get to the tecks they substitute attitude for know how Sony used to have a great reputation and I bought my 510 because in the past I owned other products from them but maybe they are living in the past they need to tighten up their operation.

Comment

• JohninTennessee
                  • May 2003

I'm still trying to find a copy of the Etreame CD..I downloaded the update from Sony but it says the origional ver was installed wrong...

Comment

• Blue rain
                    • Sep 2003

Hi

I have been able to burn on - and + with no problem.

As for media I tried maxell , memorex, tdk ,sony and Verbatim .

As for the others i can't tell ya.

My problem is I can't get them to play on my Panasonic RP65 stand alone player. Not one will work!

They all work just fine on my PC but not my panasonic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much : >
                    Deborah

Comment

• JohninTennessee
                      • May 2003

Something hit me like a ton of bricks on mine and it may be the same with yours..
                      Try burning at a slower speed. That might be the answer for my problems and yours..

As far as I'm concerned -R's are cheaper and save money over the +'s...I wonder what the difference is.

Comment

• melios69
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Blue rain
                        Hi

I have been able to burn on - and + with no problem.

As for media I tried maxell , memorex, tdk ,sony and Verbatim .

As for the others i can't tell ya.

My problem is I can't get them to play on my Panasonic RP65 stand alone player. Not one will work!

They all work just fine on my PC but not my panasonic.

Any suggestions?You probably have an early model panasonic that probably wont even play cd-rs let alone dvd-rs or- rws.

Thanks so much : >
                        Deborah

Comment

• melios69
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by JohninTennessee
                          Something hit me like a ton of bricks on mine and it may be the same with yours..
                          Try burning at a slower speed. That might be the answer for my problems and yours..

As far as I'm concerned -R's are cheaper and save money over the +'s...I wonder what the difference is.
                          +r just another type of media, burns at 2.4 speed.

Comment

Working...