Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pagedavis
    • Sep 2003

Help

okay ive just got my DVD burner, and have done the following steps... but something is not working because when the burn process is complete and I place the recently burned DVD in my player it does nothing at all - I got no error messages when I was doing any of these steps:

1) I ran DVD Decrypter, making sure that MODE=FILE, and all the files were selected by changing the default setting to do so.
    This process went off without a hitch and the files were saved on my hard-drive.

2) DVD Shrink - used the program, did not pick and subtitles, or non-english versions. The files were saved into my specified folder.

3) Nero - when I chose to make a DVD-Video, the window apeared with a red folder "Video_TS" and a normal "Audio_TS". I placed all of the files from the shirnk process into the red "video" folder and clicked BURN.
    For some reason the entire burn process "using Nero" only took approx. 30min and I got no error message.

what am I doing wrong ?
    the files that ive placed for Nero to burn are 4.3 GIG so I dont know why the burn process was so quick ?

please HELP
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

30 minutes to burn a full DVD means you're burning at 2X - actually not all that fast by today's standards (Burning 4X media at 4X takes only 15 minutes)

Your procedures appear to be letter perfect. The question then becomes one of burned media type (DVD-R or DVD+R) and the ability of your standalone player to play either/both/neither format.

Additionally, many standalone DVD players are "finicky" as to what brands of burnable media (if any) they'll recognize...

Comment

• pagedavis
      • Sep 2003

thank you - i have a

LG Super Multi DVD Writer
      and underneith the title on the box it says " writes DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW

but on the DVD+R (on the box) it has a underline on the plus ( + ) sign. and the blank DVD that I am using it does not have the line underneith that plus sign.

it almost seams like the DVD was not finalized, because when I place it in the DVD-ROM on my computer it makes that looping type noise.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"because when I place it in the DVD-ROM on my computer it makes that looping type noise."

Your DVD-ROM probably plays ONLY DVD-Rs

Have you tried playing the burned DVD+R via the LG Super Multi DVD Writer?

Make certain that NERO is set for "No Multisession"

"but on the DVD+R (on the box) it has a underline on the plus ( + ) sign"

That's a "-", as in DVD-R, not an underline. It means your DVd writer is capable of writing both DVD+Rs and DVD-Rs...

Comment

• pagedavis
          • Sep 2003

and another thing was me not being able to use a DVD-RAM
          when Nero does its analazing stage - a msg is displayed stating that it is RAM and not a DVD-R.
          Reading some of the postings ppl say they should use them to practice. So I have one and would love to stop wasting them other buggers.

And yes, multi-session was not selected... and only 1 copy selected under the Burn tab.

Thank you for the help as well...

Comment

• pagedavis
            • Sep 2003

and no it does not play when in my LG drive (burner)
            this is the error msg that I get when I click on the drive.
            Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"and another thing was me not being able to use a DVD-RAM
              when Nero does its analazing stage - a msg is displayed stating that it is RAM and not a DVD-R.
              Reading some of the postings ppl say they should use them to practice."

Apparently, you're not a very careful reader. "People" suggest that you use DVD-R/W or DVD+R/W (both are rewriteable DVD formats taht your burner and NERO recognize) to "practice".

Are you sure it was a DVD+R and not a DVD-RAM you somehow managed to burn?

I'd suggest you take your burned DVD to a retail store that sells standalone DVD players and try to play it in several players...
              Last edited by setarip; 22 Sep 2003, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• pagedavis
                • Sep 2003

I got bored so I tried something else - -

took the compressed files made with "shrink" and placed them in a folder called "VIDEO_TS" then used the "IMGTool" to make an image of the files.
                Before doing this I checked that the DVD files worked, including menus, etc... and it worked perfect.

Using the "DVD-decripter" and changing the settings to;
                MODE > ISO > WRITE, and selecting the destonataion to the burner. It started to write to the blank DVD.
                ==New Problem==
                after 61% I got some "Cyclical Redundancy Check" error

usign the decripter, and after making the image

dont know what that is about do you ?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"I got bored so I tried something else - -"

Me too...

Comment

• melios69
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by pagedavis
                    I got bored so I tried something else - -

took the compressed files made with "shrink" and placed them in a folder called "VIDEO_TS" then used the "IMGTool" to make an image of the files.
                    Before doing this I checked that the DVD files worked, including menus, etc... and it worked perfect.

Using the "DVD-decripter" and changing the settings to;
                    MODE > ISO > WRITE, and selecting the destonataion to the burner. It started to write to the blank DVD.
                    ==New Problem==
                    after 61% I got some "Cyclical Redundancy Check" error

usign the decripter, and after making the image

dont know what that is about do you ?
                    Means that dvd decryptor cannot read ur disc probably dirty or scratched

Comment

Working...