Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bomberb177
    • Oct 2003

dvd-r recording from hard disk (ripped)

I've ripped a movie to my hard disk and placed all vob files in a folder. In this folder there are the following files:
    video_ts.bup, video_ts.ifo, video_ts.vob, vts_01_0.bup, vts_01_0.ifo, vts_01_0.vob, vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, vts_01_3.vob, vts_01_4.vob, vts_01_5.vob, vts_01_6.vob, vts_01_7.vob, vts_01_8.vob. All this is about 7,3GB (3h movie, no extras ripped). My question is: how can I burn my ripped dvd to 2 home-dvd playable dvd-r's using Nero or a similar program? Do I have to split the vobs somehow?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'd strongly suggest that you first try (freeware) DVD Shrink to compress for burning to ONE DVD-R. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality...

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

As setarip suggests, you will need to compress the files that you have ripped. Use DVD Shrink to do this. Once done, burn the files inside a VIDEO_TS foder using Nero UDF/ISo mode
      http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• bomberb177
        • Oct 2003

I'm having a new problem here. vts_01_2.vob should be corrupted or something like that. When I use DVD Shrink, during the split process I get the following error message:
        "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue this operation.
        invalid nv_pck: nv_vobu_ea
        The reason is: Unknown."
        I also tried DVDToolbox and I get a similar error message
        "DVDToolbox - Error
        An error occured:
        An unexpected packet-type was found in the data(00002000)"
        Is there any tool to repair vob files? I also used IFOedit and it generated some more smaller vob's (about 80kb) at the "error" point. If I burn those on DVD will it be playable?

Comment

• windtrader
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Feb 2002

Don't bother tryping to play the files being created; they are likely corrupted. I've not come across this but it sounds like the ripped VOB is screwed since all the programs had problems.

Grab the original and make another HD backup with DVDDecrypter in ISO mode. Load with DTools and then see if DVDShrink will work.

Comment

• bomberb177
            • Oct 2003

The problem is, i don't have the original anymore

Comment

Working...