Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starionx
    • Jul 2003

Errors burning DVD-R's.

I recently bought a spindle of 4x Princo DVD-Rs. I've noticed that if I burn less than a full disc, I have no problems, but if I burn a whole disk (using DVDShrink to compress, but this shouldn't make a difference), I sometimes get error messages at the end of the burn, e.g. Illegal media, Could not perform end of Disc-At-Once, Invalid write state (this is using Nero 5.5.10.42).
    The funny thing is that the discs play just fine in my laptop and my stand-alone player (LG DV7711P).
    I'm just wondering if I will have problems in the future (though I can't see how), and have others experienced the same scenario?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Don't sweat it - It seems to be a "quirk" of NERO to sporadically rattle your cage with false end messages such as those you've mentioned. particularly "Could not perform end of Disc-At-Once".

Just don't trash 'em without playin' 'em ;>}

Comment

• starionx
      • Jul 2003

Ahh, thanks Setarip. That sets my mind at ease (although I never once got those messages with my Optodisc dvd-r's ).
      Yes, I do play them just to make sure they are ok. I've only had one bad disk, and it seemed to burn fine, but when I tried to play it, I get "unsupported format". I guess I eventually had to get a dud.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Ahh, thanks Setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...