Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnyp
    • Sep 2003

I Want to Keep the Menu!

My first post here so please be gentle if I become redundant. I have been backing up movies for several months using DVD Decrypter and Instant Copy but lately I have only been successful on very few (Many coasters). I came back to the old stomping grounds to find out about DVDFab and the newer DVD Shrink progs. The problem with these two methods is I can't seem to delete extra crap and keep the menus and movie and recompress. Is there a simple way to do this using only 1 DVD.

With Instant copy, I was able to open the decrypted .tfo file, remove the 4.3 and extra titles, set the compression to fit a DVD5, click start and voila, it was done. They have changed the rules on me.

Please reply.
    Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Just curious - Other than for aesthetics, of what benefit is the menu if you only have the movie on the DVD?

Comment

• vinnyp
      • Sep 2003

Aesthetics are nice, but I am a little hard of hearing and I always keep the English Subtitles and sometimes more than 1 audio solution (5.1, DTS, AC3). I may also keep 1 or 2 extras but recompress them and want to use the menu to play them. I liked the flexibility of Instant copy to delete some titles and recompress the ones I wanted to keep if I could get them to fit without seriously degrading the PQ of the main movie. I have made two backups using DVDFab main movie only and Instant Copy and they play fine but I do want to keep the english subtitles.

Oh yeah, thanks for the speedy response.

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Try a program called DVD Copy Suite. I have made manu DVD's with just the menu and film with it.

It is also nice to have menu's for the chapter selection screens.

Comment

Working...