Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etv_10
    • Oct 2003

Fox Studio Movie Backups

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help, I have a Pioneer 106D using Shintaro (Princo) DVD-R 4 X media, I have made over 30 backups all with no problems but last night I tried backing up 2 fox studio DVDs, first fox I have done, all went fine until I tested the backups, every player I put them in Freezes at the end of the Warning screen.

Has anyone ever heard of this? It is really annoying me as I cannot find any referrence to this at all.

I use DVDDecrypter (latest version) DVDShrink and/or DVD2One and then Nero to burn.
  • etv_10
    • Oct 2003

I actuall think it is a coincedence that they were both Fox Movies, I am just wondering if anyone has had similar things happen and what they think the cause is, ie bad disk, decrypted wrongly etc.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) Does the DVD Shrink-compressed "package" on your hard drive playback properly, using a software DVD player, such as WinDVD?

2) Does the DVD2One-compressed "package" on your hard drive playback properly, using a software DVD player, such as WinDVD?

If the answers are "Yes", then your problem is either media or burner related...

Comment

• BigfootDT
        • May 2003

One posible cause I know of is removing one of the subpics that belong to the warning screens.

Had this happen to me......Living in Canada we always have the warning screens in french as well as english and as a matter of habit I always removed all the french sub-pictures from the back up. Found out by accident that if I left one particular subpicture alone the backup then worked just fine.

So be carful just what subpics you leave out on the shrink process. And as a matter of fact I believe it was only Fox DVD's that I ran into this. I have had several problems identical to this trying to back up Newer Fox movies where the DVD either freezes in the warning screens or just after play is pressed from the menu. (See post from todays date) . And yet a backup of JUST the movie works perfect.
        Last edited by BigfootDT; 2 Nov 2003, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• etv_10
          • Oct 2003

Thanks for that BigfootDT, I think it may have been a combination of bad disks and what you were describing. Neverthless I have been able to get past this.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...