Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milkshake
    • Oct 2003

Lite-On LDW-411S - Outer disc skipping/freezing

Most if not all of the 15 DVDs I've backed up have major skipping and locking up on the outer part of the disc (3/4 way in chapters) and I can't pinpoint the problem.

I just got a Lite-On LDW-411S a few days ago and I've been burning using various programs (DVD2ONE, DVDXPRESS, DVDSHRINK) and different movies and all of them have skipping near the end chapters except when played on my Xbox. It even skips and locks up using my LDW-411S + WinDVD 5. I've been using Memorex 4x DVD+R (RICOH) and have not tried other blank media but I've read that these DVD+Rs are good.

If anyone has a Lite-On LDW-411S (can't find anyone else who has this) and can burn DVDs without skipping near the end, please lemme know what brand media you use! This sucks =(
  • Distel
    • Oct 2003

Hi Milkshake, i have also a 411S (former401S) the problem is likely the burning speed. You wil see when you slow it down to 2/2.4 speed these problems are gone. Many brands claim 4 speed, but this is only to realise when all conditions are optimal.
    When you burn a DVD in the last tracks the speed increses and there come the problem, the media cant catch up the writingspeed in the outer side of the disk.

I use Arita +DVD's fair price (1,7 euro) and a good result.

This link will give you more tested media:

For making topqualety copy's you better use cloneDVD in combination with anyDVD. Simpel fast and the best.

Greeting Distel
    Last edited by Distel; 17 Oct 2003, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• milkshake
      • Oct 2003

Distel, you're absolutely right. I just burned a movie at 2.4x and it worked perfectly on my PS2 and even my extremely old, first generation standalone player!! I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• DrK
        • Jul 2003

You might want to try scanning the discs after you burnt them with k-probe to get an idea of the quality.

Comment

• cue
          • Jan 2004

It may have been the media causing skips.

I was using Verbatim, a name I used to trust... but apparently their DVD-R's are the suck.

I was getting fux0red burns on the last 15 or so minutes of the disk, but switched to Memorex +R and it worked like a charm. NO MORE VERBS FOR ME!

Comment

• shermm
            • Jan 2004

Milkshake... I have the 411S and had problems like yours. I just upgraded the firmware to the latest version (FS0H) and so far problems seem to have been solved. Get the latest firmware here:

Remember it is also important to use good media when recording. I use mostly Ritek G03 (2X) and G04(4X) and they have worked out well for me.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Working...