Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darcyp
    • Oct 2003

Lg 4040b

I have not been as successful as some of you people on this forum. I am running a AMD 2.5 Briton with 256 mg RAM. I am sure the processor is not the problem.

Basically, I have kids who are very good at destroying DVD's, therefore I purchased DVD Xcopy express. Using DVD +r memorex disks, I was able to copy 1 of my disks succesfully. Since then, I am making coasters. Several. Contacted customer support, and they gave me several things to try. Removing B recorder, Neo-DVD, things like that. I even returned the drive and replaced it.

I am hoping someone here has had similar issues operating under XP Pro. I am out of guesses.

Thank you in advance.
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

You could try upgrading your firmware:

I HAVE JUST GOT THIS DRIVE AND I NEED TOUPGRADE THE FIRMWARE ON IT SO I CAN GET x4 SPEED WRITING (EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES COASTERS). IVE TRIED ALL OVER...
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• stan
      • Oct 2003

Upgrade your firmware I believe 301 is the newest. Use Nero with the latest upgrade 60019 (60011 had problems with DVD+RW). And then everything will be OK. Trust me I am burning with no glitch whatsoever on all sorts of media. Where I live I can buy DVD-R for $ 0.8/pc for a pack of 25, they say 4x but only 2x is possible, but hey who cares at that price. I have burnt 50 DVDs and no problem.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To stan

"I can buy DVD-R for $ 0.8/pc for a pack of 25"

I'm pretty sure you've got a typo in your post. I'm guessing you meant $0.80 (80 cents) each, rather than 8 cents each...

Comment

• Oriphus
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Aug 2003

Isnt $0.8 and $0.80 the same thing. Wouldnt 8 cents be $0.08 lol
          http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

Working...