Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GuttaGutta
    • Nov 2003

Help when ripping Vob to put on DVD-R

The movies i am having a problem with is movies that the whole dvd is over 4.7 but the movie alone is like 4 GB, like a movie with both wide screen and full screen and i want to just rip one version. When i rip it with dvd decryptor in file mode then go to nero it says it failed the test and this DVD might not work because it only has a ifo and not the other files. So how do i rip a movie that is 4gb from a disc so i can put it on dvdr and it works fine.(without the menus and all). Thanks in advance for your help.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/24_1.html is a guide for maximum control over what parts to backup but DVD Shrink can reduce size to a fair degree without sacrificing too much quality.

When ready to burn you must have all video files in a VIDEO_TS folder and a (usually) empty AUDIO_TS folder also for player compatibility.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"So how do i rip a movie that is 4gb from a disc so i can put it on dvdr and it works fine.(without the menus and all)."

Simply use DVD Shrink in the "Re-author" mode. Select only the version of movie you desire, with NO compression (since it's less than 4.37Gb)...

Comment

Working...