• Show
Clear All
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

DVD backup problem

hi there.

i have this DVD that is 7 GB's (or a bit more)

i was trying to back it up but cant do that. The DVD is just one big long DVD and no menu.

now, i tried using dvdtoolbox but unfortunatly it doesnt work great.
    it seems to have a problem with angled DVD's or something like that.

when it rips (and i told it to split to 2 DVD Discs), and i play it back, it plays it in jerks and then it...it plays it in jerks and then it....it plays it back and then it....back and then it moves....then it moves...

you get the idea - it just plays it back and moves forward if you know what i mean

now, i tried using IFOEdit but when it was changing the values or something on the VOB's after it ripped them (told it to rip to 2 DVD Discs), IFOEdit enountered an error and Windows closed it

so what can i do to backup the whole DVD and split to to 2 Discs using freeware software?

Many thanks
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

DVD Shrink will do it in reauthor mode and using it's start/end feature.

There are even 'insert disc' screens that can be used, there is also several guides that may help from this site.

DVD Shrink is a free and user-friendly dvd backup tool, enabling you to make backup copies of your DVDs to a single DVD±R/RW or Dual-Layer DVD+R. DVDs too big to fit on a DVD±R can be edited and/or compressed. DVDShrink.info does not condone the copying of DVDs in countries where it is illegal.

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

thanks i tried DVD shrink..but that didnt work either

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

What didn't work with Shrink? I have split a film over two discs many times.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

As pointed out, you can use the re-author mode and the start/end setting (to cut out opening credits/end credits) to lower size of movie. Also you can use 'Shrink twice (that movie) to get the final size down to ~ 4,464 Mb. 'Shrink to about 6,000Mb size first time and then 'Shrink that movie file on your hdd to final size (~ 4,464Mb). This works well for many, though Deep analysis done each time can take awhile. Also, If it's a high quality video transfer disc, try shrinking first time 7-8% without Deep Analysis and then do Deep Analysis on its files on hdd. If you want a 1 disc back-up.

Visit dvdshrink.info for easy to understand guides about correctly using 'Shrink for 2 disc or even 1 disc back-ups.
          Last edited by Quality's Proof; 16 Feb 2004, 12:41 AM.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...