Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dixie
    • Jan 2004

Problem with the new decryper

Downloaded the latest decryper today but froze at 50 percent. Any one else have a problem?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried it with MORE than one DVD?

Comment

• dixie
      • Jan 2004

No I have not yet. Only 1 blank left til postie arrives lol

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Only 1 blank left til postie arrives lol"

1) You are referring to DVD Decrypter, aren't you?

2) Is it "freezing" when READING a DVD (which would have nothing to do with having only 1 burnable DVD), or when BURNING an .ISO of a DVD?

Comment

• dixie
          • Jan 2004

Sorry yes I tried it on others works ok just seems this one dvd. I tried another copy of the same dvd with the same bad results. "Intolerable Cruelty" is the dvd I am having a problem with.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Sorry yes I tried it on others works ok just seems this one dvd. I tried another copy of the same dvd with the same bad results. "Intolerable Cruelty" is the dvd I am having a problem with."

Then, obviously, the problem is with the specific DVD and not DVD Decrypter. Have you tried cleaning the DVD?

Comment

• Quality's Proof
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dixie
              Sorry yes I tried it on others works ok just seems this one dvd. I tried another copy of the same dvd with the same bad results. "Intolerable Cruelty" is the dvd I am having a problem with.
              It's obvious, that the disc is not damaged (two different discs of the same movie). I will try to rip this movie later and post the result(s) (if any). In the meantime, you could use SmartRipper v. 2.41 or v strip 0.8f?
              Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• luv2rip
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by dixie
                Copied intolerable cruelty ( main movie only)no problems with the latest decrypter combined with dvd2one and instant copy.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Yes, Sometimes the "full disc" back-up doesn't go very well with some set-ups. Sometimes, the menu items will cause decryption problems, etc..

Like that old saying, "There are many the slips, betwixt the cup and the lips.".
                  Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• tigerman8u
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Aug 2003

For some reason I couldn't make a backup of the Hulk. Tried two different disks using Dvdshrink and Dvddecrypter. Tried Vstrip and this worked. I gave the original Hulk disc to my brother to see if he could make a copy and he was successful the first time using Dvdshrink 3.0.5 beta. The only difference is he has a sony dvd burner he rips from and I have an optorite ?

Comment

Working...