Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flatland Biker
    • Mar 2004

Dvds don't play ast a certain point

When i burn Scarface and Family guy i always get 2-5 second skips and screen distortion but the sound still plays. I am a newbie at burning dvd's but i am using imation dvd-rs and dvdxcopy platinum. Does anyone know a way to fix these problems. thanks.
  • kevin abq
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dvds don't play ast a certain point

Originally posted by Flatland Biker
    When i burn Scarface and Family guy i always get 2-5 second skips and screen distortion but the sound still plays. I am a newbie at burning dvd's but i am using imation dvd-rs and dvdxcopy platinum. Does anyone know a way to fix these problems. thanks.
    Need more info. Does the movie start out with the distortion or does it only kick in later? Have you tried repeating it with another disc? If so, did the problem repeat?

Could be bad media. If the problem repeats at a different spot or goes away that's probably it. But if it repeats at the same spot with the same source files with your second burn it's probably a corrupt file. Re-rip and repeat.
    Cheers!
    Kevin

Comment

• Flatland Biker
      • Mar 2004

it usually kicks in toward the end i have tried using fujifilm dvd+rs and it still happens close to the same spot... i dont rip the movies i just directly burn them should i rip them first

Comment

• Flatland Biker
        • Mar 2004

Ps how do i burn a dvd after using dvd shrink on it

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

what application did you get with your DVD burner?
          See also articles on http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• kuneo
            • Jan 2004

After you "Shrink" the movie,and have created a file on your desktop-you drag and drop said file into Nero or whatever tool your're using to burn-

It's pretty easy once you get the Hang !

K

Comment

• kebabinho
              • Feb 2004

download the nero 6 demo.
              when you click on burn and it asks you where to save the files you should have virtual disk, harddisk and your dvd burner. choose that and it does it all for you.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Flatland Biker
                it usually kicks in toward the end i have tried using fujifilm dvd+rs and it still happens close to the same spot... i dont rip the movies i just directly burn them should i rip them first
                The "freezing", skipping", etc., problems, "towards the end", is usually : missing dye at the edge of the disc. Imation has such a reputation, and Fuji is supposedly a better disc (though they have "bad batch" problems, too).

Since you like the "one click" of DVDXCopy platinum, you should be glad to know that there is also a new freeware "one-click", which is better than platinum. The new DVDShrink v. 3.1.7 Beta 4 and Beta 5, have the "automatic" buning with DVDDecrypter v. 3.2.0.0. Both 'Shrink and 'Decrypter are freewares and are very good video quality burns with decent quality (generic or better) blank discs.

The 'Shrink guides are at dvdshrink.info. When using 'decrypter to burn select that click box, and choose ISO as target device (in pop-up after click back-up in 'Shrink) instead of hdd files.

Also, you can choose to set the size of your back-ups at 4440 (or even 4400) MB instead of default 4464 MB in 'Shrink, which usully "fixes" problems at end of back-up ! 'Shrink offers more choices, which means better burns.
                Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...