Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MITCH1302
    • Mar 2004

Poor Sound Quality Through Tv

Whilst using DVD Shrink 3.16 I have had only one problem. That is little to no sound through normal TV speakers. I use a home cinema system and I get perfect 5.1 sound throughout, as well as perfect sound through my pc two speaker/subwoofer system. Have i possibly to uncheck a box somewhere along the line to enable this function.

Is there a better option than DVD shrink, I have tried first using Decrypter first as well. One of the films was NEMO, but this is likewise for About Schmidt as well.

Many thanks for any help
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Can you not swap soundtracks with your standalone remote?
    If your 5.1 is working I'm not sure why you want the tv speakers too. Did you re-author in Shrink and knock the normal soundtrack out?
    DVD Shrink is pretty unique ... and free! you want something better?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• MITCH1302
      • Mar 2004

yes plz any suggestions
      my email is photosmart7150@hotmail.com

i wish to have normal tv output for when i use the dvds on a non 5.1 system

problem is without re authoring

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Your sound problem is most perplexing. Standard soundtracks I've not heard of a problem with Shrink.
        A way of combating this might be to put your shrunk vob(s) into VirtualDubMod.
        Select Video/Direct Stream Copy; Streams/Stream List, right-click on standard soundtrack, select 'full processing mode', right-click again and there's a volume adjust somewhere (not sat at my home PC). Make sure your 5.1 soundtrack is on 'Direct Stream Copy' by right-clicking.
        Finally 'Save As' under a new name and try this on an RW?

Are you sure you don't have normal sound deselected on your tv?
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

I have a 20 Years old telly (flat wire to rf), all I have to do is send the video to the telly via the v.c.r.. Would this solution work for you on the back-ups (w/macrovision removed) ?
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...