X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fmervin
    • Mar 2004

Copy multiple DVD movies one one DVD

Hi,

I have purchased quite a few DVD's for my child which are only around 15-20mins each. I would ideally like to back them all up on a single (or couple) of DVD+R (since that is what my writer supports) so that it is easy to carry around and also there is no risk of losing any of them. I have searched on the net and there seem to be a few documents which tell you how to re-author the contents of one or more DVD. However, I am looking at specifically copying the DVDs as is (and perhaps shrinking them to fit on to the new DVD) and adding a root menu to choose between the different DVDs. This will help me keep the original menus. Any help/suggestions/alternatives in this regard will be greatly appreciated since I have been breaking my head on this for quite a while now.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is in the wrong group(I have only just registered)

Thanks and regards,
    Mervin.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Not so sure about preserving your original menus but I believe TMPGEnc DVD Author can accept DVD's as chapters which you can construct a menu for.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• fmervin
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the reply sfheath, but I require the menus since many of the dvds contain games etc in addition to the movie. Is there anyway that this is possible?

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

As I say,I'm not sure about the menus. TMPGEnc DVD Author is available as a downloadable trial?
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Copperman
          • Feb 2004

Nero Ultra allows you to combine sections of DVD movies. If they are short you could combine them all with 100% quality.

Comment

• Hrotti
            • Feb 2004

This is not to hard. sonic scenarist is the way to go..... create a new root menu that leads to any of the dvd's. You will have to create their menus too, but that should be easy since you can just look at the orginals to see how it should be. almost copy/paste
            History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Comment

Working...