Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodgerpb
    • Mar 2004

How does shrink remember a DVD?

When I first insert a DVD into the drive for decrypting onto my hard drive, DVD shrink performs a quick analysis of the content. When that same DVD is put in subsequently, that analysis is not performed suggesting that shrink has 'remembered' that it has actually seen that DVD. Clearly there must be file stored somewhere by Shrink, but I cannot find what that file is, or where it is stored. Please can somebody tell me this location as it would be for Windows XP Professional OS, so that the files can be subsequently deleted, and not reside on my discs.

Many thanks
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink.
    You will see "Analysis Results" files. These are the files Dvdshrink saves after analysing a dvd. Delete these and Dvdshrink will re- analyse the dvd.

Comment

• rodgerpb
      • Mar 2004

Thanks...brilliant. One thing that I had not realised is that this is a hidden folder in XP, so this needs to be checked on when searching for it.

Rodger.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by rodgerpb
        Thanks...brilliant. One thing that I had not realised is that this is a hidden folder in XP, so this needs to be checked on when searching for it.

Rodger.
        You're welcome.

Comment

Working...