X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gogos7
    • Apr 2004

Can't burn, 4.37GB, not 4.35GB as usual

Hello,
    The DVD Shrink 3.1.7 create for first time a 4.37GB file,(not 4.35GB as usual), which i cannot burn with Nero. The DVD movie disc ( "Love Actually" ) have 100 "stange" MB in it (new copy protection?). (I use first the DVD Decrypter). When i am trying to burn it says that the disc is not enough to burn, (i tryed and a second disc). Except that, the DVD Shrink can't open (again) the new "file" which had create, i mean the 4,37 GB! I think to open it, and try to shrink it again, but it didn't work. [ "programming error - exception occurred" ]. Any Help? Thank you
    Last edited by gogos7; 18 Apr 2004, 12:21 PM.
  • olddvd
    • Apr 2004

I have been able to burn "Love Actually" Region 1 DVD without a problem with Shrink 3.1.7. And yes, I got my purchase copy ahead of street date release. I use Shrink 3.1.7, ImgTool Classic 0.91.2, and DVDDecrypter 3.2.1 as my burning program (and sometimes my ripper too), as I have a FAT32 harddrive.

Have you used Shrink with other movies or are you a newbie to the program?

I am a newbie but after reading these folks postings, I know you need to give them a little more info about your system setup. Once you get it running, this is flat out the easiest program to use (former DVD X Copy user), and I even was able to teach my wife how to use it. And that's almost as amazing as the program itself.

Comment

• Junkie_ball
      • Jan 2004

I have also backed up "Love Actually" region 2 using DVD Shrink 3.1.6 and Nero 5.5 also had no problem.

I used the re-author mode and got rid of all the extras and i think off the top of my head compression was around 90%.

Can you not select custom compression ratio in DVD shrink and compress the movie slighty more so that Shrink creates a backup at 4.35GB as normal???
      SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

You only need to change the total filesize in the setup. I use 4452MB (4.34 GB). Now rip from the DVD again.

Comment

Working...