X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QPhone
    • Apr 2004

Burning VCD movies onto DVD-R or +R

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to take a video-cd (VCD) movie and burn in onto a DVD-r/+r?

Basically what I do, is I download .mov trailers from Apple's website or whatever website that has .mov trailers. From here I use The RAD Video Tools (Bink) to convert these .mov's to .avi's and .mov's to .wav's. Then I use Sound Forge to manipulate/edit the .wav's. The reason, is so that I can make sure that all the .wav's are roughly the same in volume; if i just recorded them as they are, some of the trailers are louder than the other. Now from the .mov's, I have one .avi and one .wav. I then use TMPGenc to slap the matching .avi to the adjusted .wav and make a vcd compliant mpeg video.

I work for a video store, and this is how we make trailers for our upcoming movies. It's much easier doing it this way than ripping the trailer out of the DVD movie (finding the .vob file then converting etc. etc...) Plus I get the trailer before we get the DVD also... sometimes the damn movie doesn't even have it's own trailers but for other movies.

So... to make a long story short I can only fit so many trailers onto a CD hence (VCD). I tried burning it onto a DVD-R but it just won't happen.

Is there a away to shring .avi's to match the same size of a .mpg and make a DVD-Video? or... is there a way to burn VCD compliant video onto a DVD-r/+r?

All ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"is there a way to burn VCD compliant video onto a DVD-r/+r?"

I would use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different from TMPGEnc) or DVDLab.

Comment

• guilhas
      • Mar 2004

DVD LAB gave me very good results as a DVD Authoring tool.

No errors, no pixelations, no asinc audio, nice menu builder etc.

Even if your project is over 4,7Gb u should save in a folder and 'DVDShrink' it.

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

I think the answer(s) would be found here:
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...