Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elaine.cole
    • Apr 2004

Hitting your computer!

Was glad to see a happy ending as I wouldnt have a clue what to do but I will know not to get kneeing or kicking my computer however annoying it gets!!! I would have assumed it was the laser out of line. Anyway, you do have a spare burner. I read a bit of a worrying article the other day which said if you can get 100 DVD RW's out of a burner/writer, then you are lucky!! I burn everything onto DVD RW's first to ensure they are okay and then copy afterwards. Has anyone else heard of this. I have been using a Pioneer 106 Dual Format for the last 5 months which hopefully is not "burning out"!!!
    E

Comment

• kuneo
      • Jan 2004

Hopefully it's just an Urban Legend.

I'm over a couple hundred on my TDK,and it shows no signs of slowing or problems.

Only thing I read (somewhere) was some kind of disclaimer that "Shrinking" may burn out your reading laser faster than normal.
      Not even sure if that wasn't BS too.

Regards

K

Comment

• elaine.cole
        • Apr 2004

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, but now I am worrying about the "shrinking" thing!! Let's hope that is BS as well
        Regards
        E

Comment

• GaryJ73167
          • Feb 2004

Well...as far as a burner burning out after (or around) 100 burns really doesent sound very accurate. let me give you an example. In February of 2003, I purchased a Phillips DVD burner (2X).

So far, I must have used this nearly every single day (Including shrink options with both DVD Xcopy Xpress and DVD Shrink)...it has yet to even show any errors out of the normal that would make me think it is about to "Burn Out" ..

So , it has been about 1 year, 3 months, and I am not joking when I say I used it (And continue to use it) on a regular basis...it has been in 3 different towers that I have, and been with me through 2 times of moving appartments...believe me...I think as long as you take care of the burner, there shouldn't be a problem.

Just try not to slam your knee into it at about 6mph and you should be fine lol

Comment

Working...