Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilverBlade
    • Jun 2004

Nero won't burn Maxel 4X DVD-R

I use a Pioneer DVR-105. It will burn CD-RW, CD-R, DVD-RW (2X), DVD-R (2X Maxell), but..not DVD-R 4X maxell. My burner used to be able to burn the 4X discs, but not now
  • bamo
    • Jun 2004

Use dvdinfopro and check the media code on the ones that worked and check media code on the ones that wont.It may be they are actually made by different manufacturers.What error if any are you getting when you try to burn.

Comment

• SilverBlade
      • Jun 2004

I am getting no error. Nero has 'Checking discs' at the bottom left hand corner of the window. And never goes past that stage. If I click within Nero anywhere, Nero has the 'No response' thing, and I have to restart my computer.

I have used these discs before, and it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't work now

Comment

• bamo
        • Jun 2004

Update to the latest version of Nero. If that doesn't work try to burn with DVD Decrypter (freeware) may be a bug in Nero.

Comment

• SilverBlade
          • Jun 2004

When I try to just identify the DVD, my computer needs a restart too. I doubt its a bug in Nero if 2 programs have problems like this.

Could the firmware be screwed? I had to format my computer and re-installed windows because my DVD drive didn't show up, no icon or nothing, wouldn't read discs. So I re-installed Windows to get it to work, and now my drive can't work with 4X at all

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try using Windows' "Install new hardware" function for your burner...

Comment

• SilverBlade
              • Jun 2004

Fixed it

I just switched the IDE connections with my other CD drive, and it worked

weird eh?

Comment

Working...